Worst foreign player to have played in the Scottish Top Flight

For us, Tzanko Tzvetanov anyone? Illian Kiriakovwas slightly better although he never looked fit (guessing his alleged 100 fags a day habit taking it's toll)

In fairness, Tsvetanov and Kiriakov are nowhere near Aberdeen's worst in this category, let alone the entire league.

Interestingly enough, the former is now assistant manager at FC Astana who were CL this year.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Davide Grassi.

I lost touch with the football for a few years while I rocketed through puberty, but since I've been following again - he is, by quite some distance, the worst I have seen play for us.

I remember everyone in the Coxy would audibly become overcome with anxiety when the ball got near him. Do you mind he had to take goal kicks for us during a game when Rab Douglas got injured? :lol:

Fa wis the boy the died club signed they never played as he was permanently injured?

Assuming you mean Rangers rather than Airdrie, that would be the guy from Chile? Seb Rosenthal or something like that. Might google it later.

On second thoughts there was also a Romanian that fits the description as well.

Assuming you mean Rangers rather than Airdrie, that would be the guy from Chile? Seb Rosenthal or something like that. Might google it later.

My money would be that he's referencing Prodan. Since he never played I didn't think him eligible.

We also nursed Rosenthal through injury but he was never the worst 'foreign' player at Ibrox, far less Scotland.

I'm sticking with Bernard but Egil Østenstad runs him close.

Seb Rosenthal, they spent a fortune on him, £4m in 1997! (surprise, surprise) and he only played a handful of games over a 3 year period.

Seb Rosenthal, they spent a fortune on him, £4m in 1997! (surprise, surprise) and he only played a handful of games over a 3 year period.

Did he not snap his knee ligaments on his debut?

He was a pretty decent player when they signed him, as I recall, but lost all his pace and movement after two years of injuries.

Very harsh to put him on here.

Uros Celcer wins the Ross County poll, but he only played a handful of games. I think the more pertinent question would be the worst players to play regularly in the top flight. I nominate Dyron Daal.

Reuben Gabriel was a funny one eh, Nigerian international but there was something wrong with his contract?

It was one of Lex's failures, that one. Was insistent it was going to cost Kilmarnock a fortune and doom them.

Archived