Stenhousemuir -vs- Cowdenbeath

Never realised that we had no player over 23 today. That's great for the future but we do need to get ourselves safe this season.

Thought debutant Declan Byrne had a good game and took his goal really well. More direct and threat than CJ who seems to have gone backwards.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was indeed - weren't you the newspaper reporter on that game!?

Newspaper and Twitter reporter. Think there was only 4 Cowden fans there? I only remember Liam Callaghan hitting the roof of a house with a shot!

Much needed win today, but we nearly blew it again. Thought Stenny actually overplayed at the back at times and were their own enemy for our first goal. When we got a quick second the game should have been ours, but the home side pressed and we collapsed for a spell. Lost a couple of shocking goals from our point of view, but a composed finish from Lewis got us back in front. Our oldest outfield player was 23 years old which shows what a young side we have, and of course we will be inconsistent. Must add, the tackle on Scotland by our captain was as important as any of our goals.

The WMD cost us both goals today with a couple of howlers. He isn't the answer at CB. Donaldson did well at RB for a spell but seems to be out of favour.

Have to say the keeper did well today also. No chance at either goal but the only other save he was asked to make was an excellent one from a close range header. The defence blocked pretty much every other effort on goal so as a unit the back 4 worked with Deano helping them out as well.

Keeper looked organised and in control and was even able to noise up that wee c**t Gilhaney who seemed a bit heads gone at times.

The WMD cost us both goals today with a couple of howlers. He isn't the answer at CB. Donaldson did well at RB for a spell but seems to be out of favour.

Have to say the keeper did well today also. No chance at either goal but the only other save he was asked to make was an excellent one from a close range header. The defence blocked pretty much every other effort on goal so as a unit the back 4 worked with Deano helping them out as well.

Keeper looked organised and in control and was even able to noise up that wee c**t Gilhaney who seemed a bit heads gone at times.

WMD?

Where are all the Stenny fans?

Laughing at how good you guys think you are. We didn't deserve to lose and the stats prove it. We dominated throughout the game, and if it wasn't for your keeper timewasting we could of had another.

Laughing at how good you guys think you are. We didn't deserve to lose and the stats prove it. We dominated throughout the game, and if it wasn't for your keeper timewasting we could of had another.

I'm sure the stats say that Stenhousemuir scored 2 goals and Cowdenbeath scored 3.

A very good team performance. I'm not sure what formation we were playing - at times it looks like a 3-4-3 - but it was very fluid and everyone works hard to cover and support everyone else.

It was great to see Deano as captain. It's the appointment that the fans wanted to see when Chopper left and he upped his performance another level, covering every blade of plastic. Fraser Kerr looks much better when he doesn't have to cover for Scullion.

Also, thanks to Francesc Fabregas for playing my request of "Hold The Line". What a song!

Great to hear that Deano was captain today. He always gives 100 % and never gives up. His energy, drive and determination must rub off on the players around him. We badly need a leader on the park and for me Deano is just what we need in that respect. He is developing into an excellent player and we have to make the most of his talents while we still have him.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't cry. You did deserve to lose and by more than one. Let me explain it for you. First half there was only one team in it. We should have scored at least a couple and your keeper was putting in a shift along with the defence. I think you had one moment that looked threatening for a bit but it amounted to an attempt wildly off target.

Second half you did start brighter than us (even drew a save out of the keeer) but we picked you off for the two goal lead we deserved. Two defensive nightmares from us let you back into it.

We then carved you open for a deserved third and you never threatened us. Not once. Lobbed a few into the box and tried a few shots that were charged down. At no point did you look like scoring,

We sat deep and kept our defensive shape but still looked the more likely to score on the break. Caldwell, mcDaid and Byrne had your defense terrified all game. McMenamin TBF should have scored a hat-trick but the one effort our keeer had a chance of getting near was excellently saved.

Time wasting :lol: he moved the ball from one side of the box to the other to take a bye kick from his preferred side. Tell me in the laws where he's not allowed to do that. Then tell me all the times you've seen far worse. That's as bad as I've ever seen from us and as far as time wasting goes it was a pathetic effort.

Dry your eyes and settle down hen.

Archived