Stenhousemuir -vs- Cowdenbeath

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much needed win. Away out tonight a happy man.

Let the beer, see my throat.

Not sure why we have had to suffer Craig Johnstone off the bench all season with no sign of Byrne, yet Byrne starts today from nowhere ahead of Johnstone. And scores, well done son!

That sucked. I honestly didn't think there was much between the times but we might as well have said "help yourselves, lads!" for all three Cowden goals. The first one was a shocker - Euan Murray tried to pull off a drag-back 25 yards from goal, lost the ball and left three players in on goal - and the second and third were just as poor with no-one making the effort to close down the space.

When Colin McMenamin scored his quickfire double I thought we'd go on to win the game but the third goal sucked the wind right our sails. Tuesday's game with Albion Rovers is a must-win fixture now, and if we have designs on the top four we'll really need to get three points there.

Well done to Cowden, when the chances came up they were ruthless.

Worthy win - on top until we went 2-0 up and then got the jitters but credit then for courageous comeback. Thought Caldwell again led the line very well, Chris Kane was good at centre back and Kerr showed up well, Lewis Milne was like his old self and McDaid was always willing to run at people. A team with 3 Declans in it and hats off to Byrne who worked so hard, showed lots of ability and running plus took his goal well - always have liked the look of him.

Fair to say we were out own worst enemies today. It has been a while since had quite such a disasterous defensive performance but we gifted the goals today. At 2-2 I was convinced we would go on and get the points. Instead, with forfar winning aswell it's squeaky bum time again. Next 4 games are against the top 4. Things could be quite different in a couple of weeks, one way or the other.

Much needed win today, but we nearly blew it again. Thought Stenny actually overplayed at the back at times and were their own enemy for our first goal. When we got a quick second the game should have been ours, but the home side pressed and we collapsed for a spell. Lost a couple of shocking goals from our point of view, but a composed finish from Lewis got us back in front. Our oldest outfield player was 23 years old which shows what a young side we have, and of course we will be inconsistent. Must add, the tackle on Scotland by our captain was as important as any of our goals.

Much needed win today, but we nearly blew it again. Thought Stenny actually overplayed at the back at times and were their own enemy for our first goal. When we got a quick second the game should have been ours, but the home side pressed and we collapsed for a spell. Lost a couple of shocking goals from our point of view, but a composed finish from Lewis got us back in front. Our oldest outfield player was 23 years old which shows what a young side we have, and of course we will be inconsistent. Must add, the tackle on Scotland by our captain was as important as any of our goals.

Yes that was a great challenge

Another of our promising under 20's the new regime let go.

He's had a strange career. Started out with Livi went to Airdrie and then to Cowden where he spent a couple of years before going back to Airdrie last season.

Had a good game today.

Why, I was going to bring nearly 200 mates to the game to experience the delights of standing on the terracing. Glad I read these posts first.

Shame you didn't go as the terrace was open after all i'm sure Stenny would have been glad of the extra income.

A very good team performance. I'm not sure what formation we were playing - at times it looks like a 3-4-3 - but it was very fluid and everyone works hard to cover and support everyone else.

It was great to see Deano as captain. It's the appointment that the fans wanted to see when Chopper left and he upped his performance another level, covering every blade of plastic. Fraser Kerr looks much better when he doesn't have to cover for Scullion.

Also, thanks to Francesc Fabregas for playing my request of "Hold The Line". What a song!

Archived