Stenhousemuir -vs- Cowdenbeath

Laughing at how good you guys think you are. We didn't deserve to lose and the stats prove it. We dominated throughout the game, and if it wasn't for your keeper timewasting we could of had another.

Bloody hell, what a terrible post. I don't think anyone dominated the game - Cowden were the better team in the first half without actually doing anything while Stenny might have been the better in the second despite their horrfic defending - but the away side managed the game well and did what they needed to do to take the sting out of it. Can't complain about that.

If I'd seen my team get beasted over the last month or so and then pitch up at a ground they were expected to lose at and win, I'd be pretty happy too.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't cry. You did deserve to lose and by more than one. Let me explain it for you. First half there was only one team in it. We should have scored at least a couple and your keeper was putting in a shift along with the defence. I think you had one moment that looked threatening for a bit but it amounted to an attempt wildly off target.

Second half you did start brighter than us (even drew a save out of the keeer) but we picked you off for the two goal lead we deserved. Two defensive nightmares from us let you back into it.

We then carved you open for a deserved third and you never threatened us. Not once. Lobbed a few into the box and tried a few shots that were charged down. At no point did you look like scoring,

We sat deep and kept our defensive shape but still looked the more likely to score on the break. Caldwell, mcDaid and Byrne had your defense terrified all game. McMenamin TBF should have scored a hat-trick but the one effort our keeer had a chance of getting near was excellently saved.

Time wasting :lol: he moved the ball from one side of the box to the other to take a bye kick from his preferred side. Tell me in the laws where he's not allowed to do that. Then tell me all the times you've seen far worse. That's as bad as I've ever seen from us and as far as time wasting goes it was a pathetic effort.

Dry your eyes and settle down hen.

This is the Cowden equivalent of CEMSFC and is an equally terrible post.

I spoke to Colin Nish after the match who said he set the team up for a point (one up and the rest behind the ball, fairly obvious) and that to get more than that he was over the moon with.

Actually a decent lad is Nishy. That result should save you defending him on here for at least a week Cowboy.

This was a really spirited performance by the lads. We were all dismayed, of course, when Stenny pulled back to 2-2, but Cowden refused to buckle and deservedly won the game. It was heartening to see the way the players celebrated at the end - it was a real team performance.

My MoM was Chris Kane in central defence. He's much more mobile than Pat, but he tackles well and he nullified the threat of Jason Scotland. Great to see Deano with the captain's armband. Dean reminds me of Toorie - great tackler and leader. (And, like Toorie, he needs to stop arguing with referees.) Young Byrne played well - he took his goal well, wasn't at all overawed by the occasion. The Rumanian keeper also made some fine stops. Lewis Milne looked very composed when he came on.

Onwards and upwards? Hope so.

This was a really spirited performance by the lads. We were all dismayed, of course, when Stenny pulled back to 2-2, but Cowden refused to buckle and deservedly won the game. It was heartening to see the way the players celebrated at the end - it was a real team performance.

My MoM was Chris Kane in central defence. He's much more mobile than Pat, but he tackles well and he nullified the threat of Jason Scotland. Great to see Deano with the captain's armband. Dean reminds me of Toorie - great tackler and leader. (And, like Toorie, he needs to stop arguing with referees.) Young Byrne played well - he took his goal well, wasn't at all overawed by the occasion. The Rumanian keeper also made some fine stops. Lewis Milne looked very composed when he came on.

Onwards and upwards? Hope so.

Yep, well done Chris Kane. Gave everything as usual, in an unfamiliar role.

Quite a few folk were saying that. hasn't he had any mom awards?

In many matches Pat did very well - in some his lack of pace was exploited but sometimes that could be because other players left him exposed. Even some of Pat's critics admitted he had done well in a number of matches. John Armstrong and even Kenny at Dunfermline have had games at centre back this season where they were similarly challenged. Another poster suggested Pat was a player who was never good enough to play at senior level - which was absolute nonsense given he has been 12 years a senior playing in around 300 senior matches in that time.

No Looking at it again Dean maybe just has 5 League bookings, 1 Scottish Cup and 1 Challenge Cup - maybe it is only after the 6th League yellow card you get a ban - not sure how Challenge Cup bookings are treated

Cup bookings are counted separate fom league ones.

In many matches Pat did very well - in some his lack of pace was exploited but sometimes that could be because other players left him exposed. Even some of Pat's critics admitted he had done well in a number of matches. John Armstrong and even Kenny at Dunfermline have had games at centre back this season where they were similarly challenged. Another poster suggested Pat was a player who was never good enough to play at senior level - which was absolute nonsense given he has been 12 years a senior playing in around 300 senior matches in that time.

Not quite true.

The poster suggested he shouldn't be being playing senior football now as he is too slow and mainly just hoofs the ball. Sure he has done well at various stages of his senior career but nothing lasts forever.

No Looking at it again Dean maybe just has 5 League bookings, 1 Scottish Cup and 1 Challenge Cup - maybe it is only after the 6th League yellow card you get a ban - not sure how Challenge Cup bookings are treated

Just checking.Two bookings v Brechin= sent off, Dean has had seven yellows in various matches before and after that game in September.

Archived