bsc v ww

paleface

the only thing worse than the pitch was the dreadful display from a very biased ref

Was nae there so can't really comment, pitch same for both teams surely nae excuse there,though I reckon if ever a game bsc would want to win this season it be this one.

Well done Mark.

Fair result though.

if you are with bsc yes

2 blatant penalties denied first half

bsc scored after a fk up in defence against run o play before half time

but thats the norm in the west the ref only wanted 1 team to win so yes a fair result but a shame it was decided by him not the players

if you are with bsc yes

but thats the norm in the west the ref only wanted 1 team to win so yes a fair result but a shame it was decided by him not the players

I think you are letting yourself get carried away a wee bit.

if you are with bsc yes

Yeah, BSC keeping up their unbeaten home record due to the refs.... Oh, wait..

if you are with bsc yes

I don't think you are doing WW many favours here.

I couldn't make it last night - had a family birthday - so can't comment first hand. WW apparently had chances and a penalty claim at 0-0 but then conceded and survived a couple of big scares before eventually going 2-0 down. Then had a 1 on 1 stopped, shot cleared off the line and hit the post as they tried to get back into the game. Sounds like on another night it could have went the other way but well done to Mark and his BSC side.

Also think it's very unfair to criticise the pitch given BSC surely deserve huge credit for getting the game on at this time of year.

if you are with bsc yes

Not at the game but the amount of times this same excuse goes around at different levels. Unless the referee physically punched the ball of the goal line he's no denied you anything. Cause let's be honest. Your not guaranteed to score a penalty.

Refereeing is all about angles and positioning so it may have looked it to you but from where he is standing he gets a different look at it.

We played BSC in the South Cup at Lochburn last season and got humped 5-0. We weren't happy with the ref either (two red cards and a penalty) but Gary Jardine said all the decisions were correct and that the ref had had a good game. Never mind where they are in the League - you can't underestimate BSC. We play them on Saturday and it will be a difficult one.

I only caught the first half, but from what I saw WW should have probably been a couple of goals up before they sold the opener, but their finishing was way off on the night. The ref was a bit officious, but I reckon got all the big decisions right.

As for the pitch, if anyone's aware of some genetically-modified strain of grass that doesn't start to freeze over at -2, we'd love to hear about it. Over the course of the first half the temperature dropped noticeably with predictable results in terms of players keeping their feet and so on - it was fine at kickoff time though.

Archived