WrestleMania 32

JamieStevenson

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does Brock Lesnar consistently disappoint at Mania? His match was pish. His match against Taker - shock aside - was poor. His match against Goldberg was poor for well known reasons. Lesnar vs Triple H was alright at best as well.

The Taker match was a bit of an unfortunate one because of the head injury. The booking of the Ambrose match was just shocking, and nowt but an extended squash. f**k knows what happened in the Triple H match though. Both guys capable of more than that.

He did have a cracker with Kurt Angle in his first run mind you.

I thought the Lesnar v Reigns match was terrific before the Rollins run-in

I enjoyed that too admittedly but as seems evidenced by me and Randy Giles not mentioning it - it was a forgettable match. Good, fun match. Brock Lesnar is the man that ended the streak though, a top class wrestler, a great fighter, a man that has Paul Heyman by his side - his Mania performances are weak all things considered.

And regarding the Angle match. It was hard not to have a good match with Angle during that period.

It was decent enough but let's face it, they only went for about what, 10 minutes before Rollins arrived? Easy enough to get all your spots in and spunk your load over 10 minutes, if they'd had to have a traditional 25-30 minute Mania main event it'd have went down like a turd in a punch bowl.

The thing that's annoying about the Ambrose match is that it had so much potential, and would have been easy to pull off a cracker which would have had Ambrose coming out looking like a superstar.

Instead we had an extended squash and what looked like a big f**k you to the fans that want Ambrose to do well.

I don't think it was to do with Lesnars conditioning either, just shite booking.

Speaking of shite booking, has anyone watched the JBL interview with Road Dogg (Who's now a trainer/agent for matches) in which he states that matches aren't about the crowd anymore they're about the correct positioning in the camera? Sums the mindset of WWE up.

It was decent enough but let's face it, they only went for about what, 10 minutes before Rollins arrived? Easy enough to get all your spots in and spunk your load over 10 minutes, if they'd had to have a traditional 25-30 minute Mania main event it'd have went down like a turd in a punch bowl.

Really couldn't care how long a match is.

Really couldn't care how long a match is.

I think you're missing the point of his post. It was a good match - don't get me wrong - but a match can only hit so many levels and can't be a truly epic match unless it has time to develop.

I never said it was "truly epic". It IS a great match though, and nowhere near a disappointment.

Not sure why Angle being good was brought up btw. It was a good Lesnar match at Mania. Most people's truly great matches at Mania have been with great opponents. Doesn't mean that they should be ignored.

I never said it was "truly epic". It IS a great match though, and nowhere near a disappointment.

Not sure why Angle being good was brought up btw. It was a good Lesnar match at Mania. Most people's truly great matches at Mania have been with great opponents. Doesn't mean that they should be ignored.

You're splitting hairs now.

Read the post again and you'll see exactly why Angle was mentioned. You could have put Mae Young up against Angle during that period and he'd have made it watchable. Lesnar may have added to the quality of the match, but it was all about Angle.

Archived