Berwick v QP

Interesting that you left the keeper out of your criticism.

My OP named 8 of the 13 players that were on the pitch. I'd hazard a guess that "Everyone else was shite" may have covered them but since you seem to be obsessed i'll give you my opinion.

I actually thought Kev was better last night than he has been recently. His kicking is improving, he was noticeably vocal and whilst that one drop did make me shit myself it was his only mistake. He came off his line a few times last night.

Having said that, I heard he is suspended again on Saturday. If thats true i'm not entirely sure why Coff decided to pick him last night. Would've given Wally the 3 game run myself but i'm not the manager.

There's coming off the line to collect crosses or punch. Like he should have done when he was planted on the line for their goal.

Then there's coming off the line like he did a few times in the first half, like a starfish poorly positioned and panicked.

As I said, I'm prepared to get behind the team as we have what we have now and think we all should, but we also have better players in reserve than Walker (Walters and Bauld) and it would be stupid to stick with him when he is in such terrible form.

Though I agree entirely that we should be getting behind the lads, there does seem to be sections of the support that are desperate for certain players to fail. That F2427's post after Clyde was pretty embarrassing for example, barely containing their delight that Henderson or McKenna hadn't played well.

But that being said people are entitled to their opinions. After slating him for his mistake at Stirling I thought to myself it's clearly not going to change, so if Walker plays for us, I'll get behind him, though I have my doubts whether he's good enough. Still, when I think Walker or any other player for that matter plays poorly I'm more disappointed or annoyed than happy.

On that note, if Billy Bauld's work committments have changed and he is available , my opinion would be to drop Walker and sign him, similar to my view that come the end of the season I don't think it's worth renewing his deal. I also would have started with Walters last night having seen him at Clyde, but he'll get another chance on Saturday. If he takes it, I do wonder if we might not see the younger 'keeper play again

Unfortunately no, not a sick joke! Woods was dropped to the bench on Saturday as well though he did get on. Why he has been dropped is beyond me. Granted he has maybe not been as good (and that's not saying he has been bad!) in the last few weeks as he has been this season or last but who in the team has? Would be interested to know why he has been dropped when others who are continually bad continue to start.

And the fact he put Duggan on in the wing before him is embarrassing to say the least and an insult.

Personally, I would drop a few players before Woods with only say Gibson, Berry and McGeever certain to start. Burns continually allows players into the box, Galt is never off the ground and although Carter would run all day for you he just doesn't seem to have enough technical ability or end product (his effort on Saturday aside!).

I agree with your comment re long balls up the park. Tactics are all wrong, boring football and teams have worked this out. Re team selection, don't get it and personally think its poor.

Another thought, even putting Craig McLeish on down the wing in place of Woods is ridiculous.

Home performance has been poor and really is a must win game. Will be interesting to see the team selection on Saturday.

That F2427's post after Clyde was pretty embarrassing for example, barely containing their delight that Henderson or McKenna hadn't played well.

That could've had something to do with your coupons more so than the players, might be wrong.

I want Henderson and McKenna to be scoring hat tricks every week, but McKenna for us has been like Hazard for Chelsea this season. Way, way, way underperforming.

I think this online Blair - Kev debate is actually taking the light away from that. 35 appearances for Livi last season, he should've been up there fighting for League Two POTY.

I think with this debate its a general view that Walker isn't good enough, and although I happen to disagree its not his attitude being questioned.

With Blair however, and a few others, their attitude rather than ability is why I have a problem.

Maybe if he hadn't started an argument at the tunnel and tweeted about online comments I wouldn't have singled him out as much as I have.

I know the players read this so - do what needs to be done, show us what you're capable of and we'll all apologise at the end of the season.

I think this online Blair - Kev debate is actually taking the light away from that. 35 appearances for Livi last season, he should've been up there fighting for League Two POTY.

Nah, I think this Blair - kev being equally shite this season debate has taken the light away from coff having only won 3/13 , and in a worse position than Cameron left us..

As for the pair of them they need to take it on the chin like professionals and realise that if we were in the position to judge as much as we have recently, we'd be pulling on the black and gold stripes too. There's a lot more under performers in that team that walker and Henderson. It's time they shut both sides of haters up.

Agree with Berwick mad comments on Jony and Notman, don't know what game Yellow feet was watching, but no,s ye/hah about football, bet he,s never kicked a ball in his life. Jony never mist a header last night, and was comfy on the deck also, l thought he had a great game. As for Notman, he,s the best player we've got, by a country mile, and has been for years. We will see how much we,ll miss him, if the rumours are correct, that he will be ofski next season

Yellow feet was watching, but no,s ye/hah about football, bet he,s never kicked a ball in his life.

As you can see from this photo I have plenty of footballing experience. I was in fact POTY that season.

Probably also had better English skills than you at the good old age of 7 too.

post-49846-1456331555725_thumb.jpg

Will be interesting to see the team selection on Saturday.

I'll stick my neck out here and guess that it'll be shaped not to lose. Hopefully we can be one up at half-time so we can settle back and watch a nice game of long-kicks in the second half.

Woods had a dull start to the season but seemed to have found his mojo about October but has lost it again. I was shot down before for suggesting that the ranting from the touchline wears down some people's confidence. I think Woodsy is one of them.

Often wondered what was so different that night at Montrose?

Could be right. Will Gus ever setup to win?

I agree but surely putting him on the bench can't help his confidence/mojo? I would think it would do the opposite.

Yes I wonder also!!

I don't think positive psychology is part of Gus' style. He's a coach of the 80s imho. If they don't do as I say, they're oot. His outburst at Gretna was an embarrassment and his regular tantrums and bottle-kicking don't reflect what QP is supposed to be about. I can only assume the committee see these things and say nothing.

I also think his press statement about his ambitions to get back to full-time football was bound to have had a negative effect. No QP fan would doubt that was Gus' motive for getting back in the game but to say it in the papers and then expect his players to do his bidding was an astonishing gaffe.

A bad night at the office as, once again, Berwick trip us up.

Well in control in the first half and we should have had the game sewn up, but a poor goal to lose just before the break. Berry going off seemed to lose our shape and lose our game plan.

Ok, I would agree that the tactics weren't right, but we got the tactics absolutely spot on at Arbroath. This happens.

Berwick have hardly kicked a ball against us in three games and have seven points off us. We seem to have a real problem with sides at the erse end of the table. Thankfully we have the league leaders this week.

Archived