Dunfermline Athletic vs Stranraer

Not all that surprised by the result but 6 I didn't expect that,the pars will get promoted and join their full time pals,while the blues will probably try and get that 4th place but if not maybe a more even League 1 next season,looking at the clubs coming down an open league for a change,but congrats Dunfermline your Champions.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well played dunfermline. Too good for this League. Took you awhile to realise this. Well and truly gubbed. Awful stuff from us. When we did eventually decide to pass we scored a good goal. Why we decided that punts forward would be a good tactic is beyond belief.

Not all that surprised by the result but 6 I didn't expect that,the pars will get promoted and join their full time pals,while the blues will probably try and get that 4th place but if not maybe a more even League 1 next season,looking at the clubs coming down an open league for a change,but congrats Dunfermline your Champions.

Given Airdrie have announced they will be going full time next year they will take over as the big team from us depending on who comes down

On this day (tomorrow) last year: Stranraer 5 - Dunfermline 1.

One year later: Dunfermline 6 - Stranraer 1.

Puts into context how much we have improved since last season, another great performance, not one player had a bad game. One step closer.

Looking at their team sheet it's not a bad Stranraer side and they played ok in spells. Our breakaways and pace was too much for them though.

Does anyone know what the thing was with kicking the ball at our players at half time?

The McKay goal was weird, he nearly scores and the ball is cleared off the line. We get a debatable corner then the same defence leaves him unmarked and lets the ball bounce into the net?!

Naturally very pleased with the result today and I thought we played at a good tempo for much of the game. I still didn't see a 6-1 scoreline coming when watching it though.

Stranraer I felt in spells looked pretty decent and I didn't think there was much in it until we scored first. Ok, they didn't threaten but we certainly weren't carving them open at will. Cardle's first goal was a tremendous hit to make it two but I was disappointed with their goal - it's a good turn and hit but we could've been a bit tighter.

I still thought we'd win but not by that margin. Stranraer should feel hard done by for the corner leading to our third - I was behind it in the Norrie and it certainly didn't look a corner to me. After that though we controlled it well and Faiss' second was a really good finish.

Overall a very satisfying afternoon but while we deserved to win and were always in control, it didn't feel like there was a difference of 6-1 between the teams.

Also, I thought Ryan Thomson was a bit lucky to get away with the incident involving Big Ben at the end of the first half.

We were rank rotten today and I think the kids playing at half time would of beat us. Dunfermline were far to fast for our players and scored some nice goals, didn't expect a severe pumping like that as we have been playing decent passing football lately but just lacking to score but today we just played hoof ball for some reason . We were totally pathetic and the defending was comical ...but no disrespect to Dunfermline as they are a good side with some good players ...and the pies are good as well.

Ooft! To think someone said Paton was a better player than Cardle and Faissal...

Some superb attacking stuff from us, especially in the second half. When we turn it up a notch then there's nobody in this league that can live with it so good to see us scoring a bunch of goals again. Was also nice to see young PJ Crossan making his debut and Cardle trying to give him a tap in when he probably should have just tucked it in for his hat-trick.

Stranraer looked alright first half and were unlucky with the 3rd goal as it was never a corner. They did collapse terribly after that though and it really could and should have been much worse by the end.

Special mention to the keeper during the half-time penalties; he was unreal! Get him signed up.

Ooft! To think someone said Paton was a better player than Cardle and Faissal...

Some superb attacking stuff from us, especially in the second half. When we turn it up a notch then there's nobody in this league that can live with it so good to see us scoring a bunch of goals again. Was also nice to see young PJ Crossan making his debut and Cardle trying to give him a tap in when he probably should have just tucked it in for his hat-trick.

Stranraer looked alright first half and were unlucky with the 3rd goal as it was never a corner. They did collapse terribly after that though and it really could and should have been much worse by the end.

Special mention to the keeper during the half-time penalties; he was unreal! Get him signed up.

I don't think anyone claimed Paton was better than fez and Cardle ever tbh.

I remember saying if he played as actually played as well as his ability suggest he could with any regularity he'd be up there with them. Don't get me wrong, he plays well most weeks but I always feel that he has the ability to be utterly bossing games, just for whatever reason he can't produce excellent deliveries and beat his man regularly, which I feel he should be able to do.

I don't think anyone claimed Paton was better than fez and Cardle ever tbh.

I remember saying if he played as actually played as well as his ability suggest he could with any regularity he'd be up there with them. Don't get me wrong, he plays well most weeks but I always feel that he has the ability to be utterly bossing games, just for whatever reason he can't produce excellent deliveries and beat his man regularly, which I feel he should be able to do.

"I remember saying if he played as actually played as well" Did you remember that when you said it, it didn't make sense, and still doesn't?

Paton is a bit like Forbes, there's a player in their somewhere and probably able to play at an SPL level but for some reason they can't produce it all the time.

Willie Miller talked about him on the radio he said he was good enough for Aberdeen but his confidence wasn't right.

Paton is a bit like Forbes, there's a player in their somewhere and probably able to play at an SPL level but for some reason they can't produce it all the time.

Willie Miller talked about him on the radio he said he was good enough for Aberdeen but his confidence wasn't right.

Think Paton lacks pace to play at top level but would be a decent squad player in championship.

Cardle as mentioned is the best player in this league, his first goal yesterday was top drawer.

Fass will go onto bigger things.

And got to agree with the poster a couple up in regards to Moffat, his overall play is outstanding. He just shits himself infront of goal

Archived