Alloa v Livingston

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't a pretty game but I really couldn't care.

The ball spent more time in the air than on the ground, it was pretty obvious we wanted to get the ball forward as quickly as possible and it worked.

We really should've won by more than the 3-1 score line but a wins a win and gives us breathing space now.

Telfer was the star man, everything good went through him, although Kakay pushed him close.

Good to see a bit of fight today, something I've questioned on more than one occasion, simple things like chasing the ball, blocking a cross get the fans on side and that's something they did today.

Only disappointing thing was Hibs doing a Hibs and losing to Dumbarton, we can only look after ourselves though.

Morton on Tuesday, and Dumbarton on Saturday both at home are huge now, minimum 3 points from those two, knowing us and our inconsistency it'll likely be 0 or 1.

I thought we were bad but that was comfortable. Can see you going down waspies. Hopefully we push on from that.

Your defence looked really shaky but apart from a short spell at 2-0 we did nothing worth of note to take advantage of it.

Only one team turned up today. Livi looked sharper from the start as we seemed to struggle to make the formation work.

First goal was a soft one to lose, but two and three were gifts, with the third particularly disappointing after Megginson and Duffy had done well to get us back into it.

Livi were the only team that looked like scoring second half and they had all the top performers on the day. Big Ben strolled it of course.

Not impossible, but clearly very, very difficult to stay up.

Hugely disappointing from Alloa. I was pretty hopeful of a win given recent performances, or at least that Livingston would have to pull out a big display to beat us. We were rank rotten, gifting a two goal lead early on. Having got back into it, with a wee bit of help from a dodgy keeper, we threw it away again with another gift, albeit that one was a well put together goal. Huffed and puffed in 2nd half but very disjointed.

Relegation was always likely this season but such a terrible performance in a big game is hard to take, the team were unrecognisable from the side who have worked so hard in the last few weeks. Hope we can regroup and at least pick up a few points between now and the end of the season. .

Much better with Telfer and Kakay in midfield both were getting balls in from the wings, on a wider pitch they should have a ball. Longridge at LB is much better than Kakay playing there too.

Didn't think Mullen and White up front would work but they did well, big man was getting better service too which helped. Best move of the game was Telfer to Mullen to Stanton for our 3rd goal, more of that please.

Feck knows what McCallum was doing for Alloa's goal, Cole not clearing it to feck and letting it bounce didn't help but McCallum still should've dealt with that much better. Thankfully that defensive cock up didn't bite us in the arse this time but wish to feck we'd cut them out.

Pisser that Hibs got cuffed as I was looking for us to close the gap on Dumbarton to 2 points.

Loved Fozzy at the end with the fist pumping and the banging his hand on his chest, shows the fight is still there and that's all the fans have been asking.

We were played off the park today and it's hard to see where another win will come from, let alone the points required for survival.

There were a number of home fans today just wishing this season could end now, but more worryingly some of our players had that look about them as well.

We had a couple of chances to score again in the first half when it was quite open, but we were always compensating for slack defending for the goals conceded. Credit to Livi, who took their chances well, and were solid all over the park second half to retain their comfortable lead. Worthy winners.

We now need to go all out on Tuesday night and try to get 3 points. Surely nothing else will be good enough, chances of survival now looking pretty slim.

Our biggest game of the season and we didn't turn up. Ross needs to take some of the blame for yesterday as two of his signings let us down and cost us. Caddis is still woeful and should never have got back in and Mitch has no desire. He loses the ball and instead of wanting it back he puts his arms in the air and watches the Livi player run away with it. The main culprit for this mess is Danny Lennon. He has absolutely ruined us this season. In my 20 years of watching Alloa this has got to be the worst team I've seen at The Recs. We'll be into March without a home win. Mulraney better not put the ticket prices up next season...

Our biggest game of the season and we didn't turn up. Ross needs to take some of the blame for yesterday as two of his signings let us down and cost us. Caddis is still woeful and should never have got back in and Mitch has no desire. He loses the ball and instead of wanting it back he puts his arms in the air and watches the Livi player run away with it. The main culprit for this mess is Danny Lennon. He has absolutely ruined us this season. In my 20 years of watching Alloa this has got to be the worst team I've seen at The Recs. We'll be into March without a home win. Mulraney better not put the ticket prices up next season...

Megginson has been a good signing. He made the goal yesterday.

It wasn't a game for Caddis - easy to say that in hindsight. He's not the player you need on a tight pitch in a relegation battle.

Meggison has been woeful. I just don't rate him. He is that good that Raith had a striker crisis and released him. Those two signings just sum up how bad a squad Jack Ross inherited as he's tried to improve shite with more shite. I would keep three of the squad from yesterday for League One next season and two of them are injury prone. Gallagher, Marr and Flannigan. Although I would be tempted to give Isaac another six months and the jury is still out on Finnie.

Megginson has been a good signing. He made the goal yesterday.

Standing 5 yards away I'd have to say the Livingston goalie made the goal. Shades of McNeil in the way he parried a tame shot and was slow to react afterwards.

We were dreadful all over the pitch yesterday (with the exception of Gallagher and Duffy) and I'd be concentrating on next season's rebuild now as even if Livi went bust before May, there's no way we'd win the playoffs with the current squad.

As for Caddis, he played to the level he always has for Alloa. The much berated Eddie Ferns is a far better option than him and at least puts in a shift.

Hope you're not too depressed.

Less than I thought I might be. But then, I don't think I've quite sobered up yet :P

Awful yesterday; Keystone Cops stuff for the goals. Ben Gordon's heid must be throbbing today after clearing so many pointless long punts straight at him. Livi are still undeniably a class above us, so we're finishing in the right position, unfortunately. Can but hope that we get back to causing teams more problems and maybe pick up another win or two before we're done (surely to f**k we can beat someone at the Recs).

Wasps1 - please stop with the Coldplay; eventually my mother's going to storm your booth while I'm in the lavvie or something. I've given up hoping you'll turn it down a notch.

Another signing, Finnie, let us down as well. Weak for the second goal and poor crosses. Hence why he got hooked at half time.

Archived