Alloa v Livingston

I was surprised that more of the full-time clubs weren't in for Buchanan. He scored a goodly number of goals for a struggling Championship club that didn't score many otherwise; you'd have thought clubs like Morton and Raith would've been all over that. Surprised we came so close to keeping him TBH.

Hadn't been keeping track, but I see he's scored well over a third of Livi's league goals this season too. Surely he'd have a total similar to Baird or Cummings if he was with a better side.

Received at least one other full time offer in addition to Livingston. As someones stated above, Dumbarton were also interested. That was fairly long term, believe they had shown interest since the turn of the year last season.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll be ok there, we'll play everything through the centre against a compact Alloa defence and huff and puff away.

We've been desperately needing to get wing backs all season, Hopkin signs some and we still play the same way, completely ignoring opposition teams weak points and playing into their strengths.

Sign a CB play him as a RB, signs a RB play him as a LB, Already have a LB signed at the start of the season but now don't use him as we're playing a RB at LB. Sign a CM on loan from Hibs and play him on the wing, have a promising midfielder on loan from Utd and leave him on the bench till the last 10 mins or so.

Have two forwards that scored 32 goals between them last season and play them in midfield, couldn't make it up with Hopkin and his playing players out of position.

Absolutely correct.

We've lined up Halkett and Neill at right back, both are centre halves.

We've played Kakay at left wing and left back, he was signed as a right back.

Glen, White, Mullen and Buchanan have all played on the wing and they are strikers

Stanton has played on the wing and he's a central midfielder

he played Telfer up front and he's a winger.

I'm sure I've missed the odd one or two but I may be wrong.

I still reckon if we play a proper 4-4-2 with everyone in their correct positions, then we are capable of beating at least half of the teams in this league.

We should line up as

McCallum

Kakay Gordon Halkett Longridge

Mullin Fotheringham Stanton Telfer

Buchanan White

We'll probably line up with

McCallum

Halkett Gordon Cole Kakay

Fotheringham Pittman Stanton

White Mullen Buchanan

I was surprised that more of the full-time clubs weren't in for Buchanan. He scored a goodly number of goals for a struggling Championship club that didn't score many otherwise; you'd have thought clubs like Morton and Raith would've been all over that. Surprised we came so close to keeping him TBH.

Hadn't been keeping track, but I see he's scored well over a third of Livi's league goals this season too. Surely he'd have a total similar to Baird or Cummings if he was with a better side.

Would prob have scored more with one of the other teams signing him because they'd prob have started him more, and not kept subbing him in the 2nd half when he does get starts. We haven't scored many goals recently but the last two goals we scored were Buchanan's, yet he gets subbed by Hopkin at the weekend. Yes he wasn't having much of a game shooting at goal but neither was anyone else in a Livi shirt, logically you'd still want to keep on the only player who has scored goals in our last 8 games, no?

Anyhoo, Buchanan scored 2 the last time we played Alloa away so hope to feck he starts this one and gets left on the full 90 mins. I'd lay odds on the latter not happening but really hope he starts.

Absolutely correct.

We've lined up Halkett and Neill at right back, both are centre halves.

We've played Kakay at left wing and left back, he was signed as a right back.

Glen, White, Mullen and Buchanan have all played on the wing and they are strikers

Stanton has played on the wing and he's a central midfielder

he played Telfer up front and he's a winger.

I'm sure I've missed the odd one or two but I may be wrong.

I still reckon if we play a proper 4-4-2 with everyone in their correct positions, then we are capable of beating at least half of the teams in this league.

We should line up as

McCallum

Kakay Gordon Halkett Longridge

Mullin Fotheringham Stanton Telfer

Buchanan White

We'll probably line up with

McCallum

Halkett Gordon Cole Kakay

Fotheringham Pittman Stanton

White Mullen Buchanan

Wouldn't mind seeing Sheerin and Buchanan start, first game against them we won 3-0 with those two starting, and all 3 goals were scored by them, Buchanan 2, Sheerin 1.

2-0 Alloa. Have to seriously question the mentality of the players given their ability to put in a shift against Hibs then be so weak against Raith.

I think you're maybe reading too much into the hibs result. Hibs were abysmal and wouldn't have beaten any team in the championship that night plus the pitch was a leveller.

2-0 Alloa. Have to seriously question the mentality of the players given their ability to put in a shift against Hibs then be so weak against Raith.

Alloa have scored 13 goals in 25 league games. They aren't going to win 2-0 3-1 or anything like that.

I reckon a 0-0 bore draw as neither team seems to be able to hit the back of the net on a semi-regular basis

I think you're maybe reading too much into the hibs result. Hibs were abysmal and wouldn't have beaten any team in the championship that night plus the pitch was a leveller.

I'm not reading into the result, I'm reading into the performance. We would've comfortably beat them if our finishing wasn't so poor and that we were the better team against a side that has comfortably dispatched several Premiership sides this season was certainly encouraging, even if they were having an off day.

Compare that to the tame effort against Raith last week and the manner of defeat and it's hard not to see the differences.

I'm not reading into the result, I'm reading into the performance. We would've comfortably beat them if our finishing wasn't so poor and that we were the better team against a side that has comfortably dispatched several Premiership sides this season was certainly encouraging, even if they were having an off day.

Compare that to the tame effort against Raith last week and the manner of defeat and it's hard not to see the differences.

I am comparing it and I don't think we were anything more than bang average v hibs

Alloa have scored 13 goals in 25 league games. They aren't going to win 2-0 3-1 or anything like that.

I reckon a 0-0 bore draw as neither team seems to be able to hit the back of the net on a semi-regular basis

That is the nightmare.

The only solace is that we're more capable of scoring than at any point in the season thus far. I'd bet on goals for both sides on Saturday, if I really had to, especially as a draw is no use to either of us.

I am comparing it and I don't think we were anything more than bang average v hibs

Thought we were better than them and if we would have played like that against Raith we might have won the game. Hibs weren't their best but we still played well just lacked that cutting edge. We play like that against the top sides but play awful against Alloa, Dumbarton, Raith etc.

I didn't say anything on the contrary. We were okay against Hibs, and we were shit against Raith. A familiar story after every decent performance we put in against the "bigger" sides.

That is the nightmare.

The only solace is that we're more capable of scoring than at any point in the season thus far. I'd bet on goals for both sides on Saturday, if I really had to, especially as a draw is no use to either of us.

What's big Geoff up to?

If we're taking into account Highland weekend kickabouts, closed door friendlies, training ground drills and "shooty in at DC at the end of training", I have Robbie Crawford as this seasons top scorer on 216 goals

I thought it was 217.

I didn't say anything on the contrary. We were okay against Hibs, and we were shit against Raith. A familiar story after every decent performance we put in against the "bigger" sides.

The result was shit, so was the way we conceded our first goal, and our shooting was even more shit, but didn't think we played as bad as folk are saying, up till the goal we looked better than Raith and were doing ok.

Doubt even Hibs would've missed the chance Cole gave Raith, in fact even Gary Glen would've scored, that for me was what knackered us up in that game.

The result was shit, so was the way we conceded our first goal, and our shooting was even more shit, but didn't think we played as bad as folk are saying, up till the goal we looked better than Raith and were doing ok.

Doubt even Hibs would've missed the chance Cole gave Raith, in fact even Gary Glen would've scored, that for me was what knackered us up in that game.

Didn't think we played bad and the game was in the balance at 0-0 but we can't be conceding goals like the first in the position we are in. Once we went one down we didn't show enough fight to get back into the game.

Archived