Alloa v Livingston

Are we going to get the finger out and at least show we don't want to go down.

Tbf all we need is our defenders to learn how to defend and our attackers to learn how to score and we're sorted.

Hopefully Martindale gets the lines made up before the match for the players to get some energy and commitment out of them. Any win will do.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Massive game this weekend. If we fail to win this then we are as good as relegated (IMO). I'd bring Caddis in for Layne and go with Duffy and Mitch up front. Duffy has been superb the last few games and he surely can't go much longer without scoring.

3-1 Marr, Hill & Duffy.

With respect to Livi, I'll be amazed and depressed if we don't win this. The team's been improving nicely, and that doesn't seem to have happened yet for the visitors. It would be an absolute sucker punch for Livi to suddenly find a performance, or for us to have a bad weekend at this critical moment.

Think we'll be fine. Definitely time for Duffy to get a (valid) goal, but Isaac could use one too.

With respect to Livi, I'll be amazed and depressed if we don't win this. The team's been improving nicely, and that doesn't seem to have happened yet for the visitors. It would be an absolute sucker punch for Livi to suddenly find a performance, or for us to have a bad weekend at this critical moment.

Think we'll be fine. Definitely time for Duffy to get a (valid) goal, but Isaac could use one too.

Isaac scored at St Mirren a few weeks back (albeit from the penalty spot)

We've found performances against Falkirk and Hibs getting draws against them, not been many goals since we gubbed St Mirren away 4-1 though.
Still looks more about Hopkin setting the team out right than the players being shite, or lack of effort from them.
McCallum GK, Longridge LB, Halkett RB, Gordon-Neill/Cole CB, Stanton- Fozzy CM, Millen-Kakay on the wings, Sheerin-Buchanan/White up front.

Home win, Alloa to out fight us all over the park.

We are likely to keep our record up of not scoring a goal and Alloa will score from one of our defenders clearing the ball off another defenders arse.

The happy clappers to moan at the fans who rightly criticise the team.

Hopkin to say it's not good enough but do nothing about it.

Admire your confidence but I'm expecting a tough game here. Livi might be a basket case of a club but they have a number of good players. We know all about Gordon and Buchanan and there are others too. Remember also that we haven't won at home yet! That needs to change. Really hoping the boys can take the recent good form into this one and we can get the win.

Need to defend better especially with runners down both flanks ....yesterdays first 2 goals could have been avoided

You'll be ok there, we'll play everything through the centre against a compact Alloa defence and huff and puff away.

We've been desperately needing to get wing backs all season, Hopkin signs some and we still play the same way, completely ignoring opposition teams weak points and playing into their strengths.

Sign a CB play him as a RB, signs a RB play him as a LB, Already have a LB signed at the start of the season but now don't use him as we're playing a RB at LB. Sign a CM on loan from Hibs and play him on the wing, have a promising midfielder on loan from Utd and leave him on the bench till the last 10 mins or so.

Have two forwards that scored 32 goals between them last season and play them in midfield, couldn't make it up with Hopkin and his playing players out of position.

It certainly would make things worse. From an Alloa point of view, Liam Buchanan was apparently on the verge of signing a new deal with us last summer when the Livingston embargo was lifted. They threw the cash at him and Buchanan, understandably, took the deal. It was a real blow for Alloa and it would be galling if it turns out that the embargo should not have been lifted.

It certainly would make things worse. From an Alloa point of view, Liam Buchanan was apparently on the verge of signing a new deal with us last summer when the Livingston embargo was lifted. They threw the cash at him and Buchanan, understandably, took the deal. It was a real blow for Alloa and it would be galling if it turns out that the embargo should not have been lifted.

I don't think DL was his cup of tea tbh hence the reason he jumped ship.

There might be some truth in that but I suspect a 2 year full-time deal also helped! But for the embargo being lifted I suspect Liam would have been playing for Alloa this season.

There might be some truth in that but I suspect a 2 year full-time deal also helped! But for the embargo being lifted I suspect Liam would have been playing for Alloa this season.

If only :(

He was made offers by Dumbarton livi and Alloa which were all much of a muchness. I think the 2 year deal swung it

Think he just couldn't turn down the offer to play for the famous Livi Lions.

Never heard that to be the case. Buchanan was training with Alloa pre season and they had just signed one of his best mates Dougie Hill. He would have signed with a slightly better offer, but he got two year deal at Livi full time with little travel time from where he lives.

I was surprised that more of the full-time clubs weren't in for Buchanan. He scored a goodly number of goals for a struggling Championship club that didn't score many otherwise; you'd have thought clubs like Morton and Raith would've been all over that. Surprised we came so close to keeping him TBH.

Hadn't been keeping track, but I see he's scored well over a third of Livi's league goals this season too. Surely he'd have a total similar to Baird or Cummings if he was with a better side.

Archived