Teams leaving SOS league

There will be automatic promotion to the lowland league if a licensed club wins the league. No playoff as no club in the east has or is anywhere near having a license is my understanding.

Coldstream, civil service and Hawick I believe...but I don't think any are contenders for the title

Burntisland, also.

Civil Service Strollers will be in the title race if they win their games in hand. They've only played 9 of 28 league fixtures and have between 1 and 10 games in hand on the teams above them.

They have reached QFs of the South Challenge Cup (beating LL team Selkirk plus Tynecastle 1-0 enroute)... and SFs of the EOS Qualifying Cup (beating 3 LL teams Whitehill, Selkirk, Vale of Leithen enroute)... and beat Newton Stewart 3-0 in the Scottish Cup before crashing to Kelty Hearts; so they look to have the sort of quality required.

I've just totalled-up here that they have played 19 games so far this season but in theory still have up to 34 more games to play, i.e. if they reached the finals of every cup and made the play-offs :lol:. Can't remember seeing a team in such a mathematical position in recent times. Quite extraordinary.

Possibly that is what may cost them, of course, if they continue rolling along in the cups. They've yet to play any of the other 3 realistic title contenders - Leith Athletic, LTHV, Tynecastle - home or away. They also played Tynecastle in the EOS Qualifying League and beat them 5-4.

• 1 month later...

Archived