Neighbours you don't like

A "nice retired couple" (as described by my bird) moved in to the ground floor flat in our building not long before Christmas.

Since then, they have taken it upon themselves to act as a post office, taking everyone else's deliveries into their house in order to "keep the communal hall tidy", and the woman has nominated herself neighbourhood watch reporting every car that parks outside the building to the other houses, and sent letters out to everyone in the street in an attempt to start a residents association to "give us a voice with the council".

At 6.45pm, Amazon posted a package through our communal letterbox. By the time i got to it at 6.48, it had been lifted, and a note left for me to say the delivery team in the ground floor flat had it.

Before I go to collect it, I'd like P&B's advice on how to approach the situation. Please also feel free to describe your own battles with arsehole neighbours.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The old wifey in the flat opposite me does a very similar thing. I can often hear her explaining to the postie that I'm not in and she will just sign for me. It used to bother me but now I reckon she's lonely and likes finding a reason to have have a chat when I go to pick it up.

Bit of a tangent here but does anyone get annoyed if neighbours leave there bins out? Every week when I arrive home from work I have a note stuck to my door asking me to bring my bins in. Strange behaviour as the bins are very much out the way of everything, causes no hassle at all. Same neighbour as above.

Bit of a double edged sword in my opinion mark. The mail thing is unnecessary imo and screams of a neediness but I'll gamble on hearts in the right place and not anything weird

The residents committee is massive though and let her absolve you of that burden however and here's the twist... f**k her off on the mail thing and she'll screw with your gravitas on the committee

A "nice retired couple" (as described by my bird) moved in to the ground floor flat in our building not long before Christmas.

Since then, they have taken it upon themselves to act as a post office, taking everyone else's deliveries into their house in order to "keep the communal hall tidy", and the woman has nominated herself neighbourhood watch reporting every car that parks outside the building to the other houses, and sent letters out to everyone in the street in an attempt to start a residents association to "give us a voice with the council".

At 6.45pm, Amazon posted a package through our communal letterbox. By the time i got to it at 6.48, it had been lifted, and a note left for me to say the delivery team in the ground floor flat had it.

Before I go to collect it, I'd like P&B's advice on how to approach the situation. Please also feel free to describe your own battles with arsehole neighbours.

Seem like they are only trying to fit in, they no been there that long, give it a chance to settle in

Bit of a double edged sword in my opinion mark. The mail thing is unnecessary imo and screams of a neediness but I'll gamble on hearts in the right place and not anything weird

The residents committee is massive though and let her absolve you of that burden however and here's the twist... f**k her off on the mail thing and she'll screw with your gravitas on the committee

There isn't a residents association at the moment, and in the nearly 10 years I've lived here, we've never had or needed one. Taking people's mail from where they have collected it for years is mental as well.

Of course they have also gone out for the evening, with my parcel in their house. Utter c***s.

I kinda hate the folk next to me despite never having met them. I got patio doors in my room and I usually leave it open all the time when I'm in there but the neighbours like to have the odd party. Only ever at weekends and it's not THAT loud but, with the doors open, usually wakes me up. Maybe once or twice a month. I don't mind and just shut the patio doors over. Nae hassle.

But twice now they've banged their windaes and shouted at me for being loud for talking. Had pals from back home crash at mine and us just having a laugh and a joke in my room has had them going ape shit. I cannae get my heid round this at all.

Likewise one of my flatmates is a lassie from Hong Kong who lives right above me and she can be a bit of a loud shagger. Again doesn't bother me and I just put the headphones (or crack one off) but she's had the fucking cheek to come down and have a moan at me because David Attenborough's a bit loud.

Likewise one of my flatmates is a lassie from Hong Kong who lives right above me and she can be a bit of a loud shagger. Again doesn't bother me and I just put the headphones (or crack one off) but she's had the fucking cheek to come down and have a moan at me because David Attenborough's a bit loud.

Why are you shagging David Attenborough?

My neighbour hums. It's the same fucking 5 second tune all the time as well, and I think he can repeat it for anything up to half an hour.

From the limited times I've spoken to him I don't think he's the full shilling so I'm not even sure he knows he's doing it.

Plus he laughs out loud at his TV as well and he's got one of those annoying machine gun laughs. Only ever bothers me if I'm trying to get an early night or have a lie in at the weekend.

Still, on the rare occasions I get my hole he probably has to hear that so it might even itself out.

Archived