There's a moose loose aboot this hoose

grumswall

Iv just had the misfortune of a mouse running around in the bedroom. The cat had a good go but he's a bit well fed to catch them so I had to take a hammer to it. Iv got some traps down, steel wool has been placed into an air vent we have and all the cracks I can see have been filled. I should also say we stay right next to allotments so iv expected this since we moved in over 2 years ago.

Have any of you any advice of what to do or any tails of mice in the house?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Iv just had the misfortune of a mouse running around in the bedroom. The cat had a good go but he's a bit well fed to catch them so I had to take a hammer to it. Iv got some traps down, steel wool has been placed into an air vent we have and all the cracks I can see have been filled. I should also say we stay right next to allotments so iv expected this since we moved in over 2 years ago.

What you need is a farmers wife, armed with a carving knife.

Grimbo

Bit harsh, hammering your cat to death.

Get rid of all the stupid traps before you do yourselves a mischief & leave it to the bloody cat. It will do the job for you when you're not watching over its every move like the worst micromanager this side of The Office.

I got the humane ones to avoid this. Also means I don't need to lock him out of the room incase he gets hurt.

Mice die in the humane ones all the time. They're a bit shit really. Just get a proper trap doon.

iv grown fond of the cat that's the only issue with this approach.

My girls great entertainment at the moment though. She's scared of her own shadow.

image.png?w=400&c=1

I saw a mouse scamper across my living room once.

Straight out and bought 5 or 6 traps - caught 8 of the fuckers first night, 3 the next. If you have seen one you'll likely have more.

Keep moving the traps as well, they are clever fuckers.

Archived