Nedisms

P45

Literally no idea what any of this is and I think I'm only about 5 years younger than you! :lol:

I think it was "fashion" for the fag end of the rave scene. Daniel Poole was also called DP but you'd probably better not google that if you're at work.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every class had that one guy who was like a walking encyclopedia on how each number on a buckfast bottle differed in taste , guy could have probably brought out a book of descriptions for each number

My mate was Perth High's one.

His mum even bought him a crate for his birthday one year.

Nope that tune was still going strong in the late noughties my man , thanks to the man the myth the legend that was george Bowie

Fair play! I'm of a similar vintage but we tended to stick to the upfront stuff.

See also 'Wonderful Days' where Charlie Lownoise and Mental Theo are concerned.

I used the Jack Wolfskin Clean and Proof stuff for the last couple of years and it does the job but it never lasts as long as the original proofing.

I picked up a bottle of Nikwax cheap in Blacks the other week, haven't used it yet but the fact you don't have to heat seal it makes me think it won't be as good.

I've used NikWax on loads of mine, also Crepe Protect and universal waterproofing sprays. Of them all, I've found NikWax the most effective and best value for money. But as with all these things, I'm not convinced it works for as long as advertised and I tend to re-treat my jackets regularly on that basis. There's also a NikWax that you use by putting the clothes into the washing machine with it which is supposed to be more potent, but I've only used the sprays so can't speak for it. Definitely worth the fiver for the spray, works better than the aerosol equivalents due to being wax based.

North Face and Berghaus have always kept me dry when hillwalking, so pass that test for me. Some North Face gear could be better insulated I agree, but I prefer that usually, as it means the coat is more multi-purpose. i.e. if you get a lighter coat it's suitable for wearing in spring, when the weather is a little warmer. In winter it can be combined with a nice fleece.

^^^ doing it right.

Archived