Nedisms

P45

Ok, so below 500 feet = ned.

Many Neds are now wearing North Face clothing. I asked a teenager who might be described as a Ned why he was moving into my territory by buying North Face clothing and he replied 'because it's expensive'

Seems especially hilarious given I enjoy hillwalking/climbing and have a fair bit of North Face gear

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not neds as such here, mostly gangs (aye real gangs wi guns an shit). Still on the OP vein

Tattoos (on 15 year olds)

Pants/jeans with the crotch virtually scraping the ground

Huge fake diamond studs (on boys)

Huge hoop earrings (on girls)

Gang signs (Thankfully I don't know any so I'm no as likely to get shot)

Bringing a gun to school

Many Neds are now wearing North Face clothing. I asked a teenager who might be described as a Ned why he was moving into my territory by buying North Face clothing and he replied 'because it's expensive'

Seems especially hilarious given I enjoy hillwalking/climbing and have a fair bit of North Face gear

Worse thing is that former wearers of North Face are now moving away to wanky 'fashionable' brands such as Rab, or Archteryx. How the f*** did the haven away from fashion become full of brand fashion anyway? Used to be a simple choice of North Face, Berghaus or Regatta. Simpler, happy times.

Thing I've found in the past with North Face and Berghaus is, they're actually both pish at keeping you warm.

Never owned any Rab gear so can't pass judgement on quality. I've always thought you'd just be signing yourself up for the tiresome repetition of fuckwits saying 'Awrite Rab?' by wearing their gear.

Thoughts on Jack Wolfskin or Haglofs jackets if anyone owns any?

In my experience, Berghaus and North Face are the best quality. I only buy fairly expensive stuff for proper winter walking though. It certainly keeps you as warm as could be expected

When I was at school I owned a helly Hansen jacket and also a Bergaus jacket , usually accompanied by a stripey Fred perry jumper , some g-star jeans and some bright white Lacoste trainers , I also dabbled in the caterpillar boot craze

Ya bass

When I was at school I owned a helly Hansen jacket and also a Bergaus jacket , usually accompanied by a stripey Fred perry jumper , some g-star jeans and some bright white Lacoste trainers , I also dabbled in the caterpillar boot craze

Ya bass

I had a Helly Hansen too, 90 percent of the school had one of these.

post-14721-14561813319274_thumb.jpg

I can't figure out if you're making a point or just bragging about the cost of your stuff?

Not sure anyone was talking about 'just a waterproof for the football' :huh:

Most people who buy brands such as Berghaus, North Face, Rab etc are buying stuff between £30-£150. Fleeces, and relatively light weight jackets. I only tend to buy thick, winter mountaineering jackets from such brands and find North Face and Berghaus to be the best for such purposes

Archived