Airdrie v Ayr

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed at one corner later in the 2nd half we actually kept a man forward at a corner....

The two centre halfs and the two holding midfielders are the core of our team and the core of our problems. They 2 defenders are so slow and stiff and their distribution is abysmal. The 2 holding midfielders are also wasteful and use the centre halves as 'out balls' far too often where they then just abdicate responsibility and lump it long to a sole striker at best and an opposition player at best.

I noticed at one corner later in the 2nd half we actually kept a man forward at a corner....

The two centre halfs and the two holding midfielders are the core of our team and the core of our problems. They 2 defenders are so slow and stiff and their distribution is abysmal. The 2 holding midfielders are also wasteful and use the centre halves as 'out balls' far too often where they then just abdicate responsibility and lump it long to a sole striker at best and an opposition player at best.

I disagree, I think Lithgow and Crighton have been fairly solid. It's the lack of creativity in front of them that's the problem.

As to the game itself, I thought we started pretty brightly. That move early on when Cadden left Ayr's number 11 on his arse had me feeling pretty optimistic, but it was his ballooned shot that really set the pattern for us. In patches we had some nice build-up play (particularly in the first half), but created almost nothing in terms of real chances - the final ball would be misplaced, Lister would be caught offside etc.

For large parts of the game, especially in the second half, we seemed to be playing without any clear plan - just clearing the ball or hitting it forward, not really thinking about how to go about getting in behind Ayr's back line and creating chances to score. I've seen Airdrie play much, much worse - with stupid fouls, sloppy passing and general all-round incompetence far in excess of what we saw yesterday - but yesterday we were just... boring. We could still be playing now and not have scored. We were really missing a bit of imagination and spark - and that I put down not so much to losing Watt as not having Cox available. I think we'll have him back after the Cowden game, and if we're to make anything of this season (i.e reaching the playoffs, though I don't anticipate getting through them by any means) then we can't afford to lose him through any more suspensions.

A sensible post on here....and a pretty accurate assessment of the game.

Yeah, dizzy and dosey are solid. Look at Crighton untieing himself at the goal. The poor guy was ready to cry ffs.

We're now playing two (shit btw) midfield destroyers because dizzy and dosey are solid. But at least we have 4 right backs.

Not helped either with Cadden, Bain and now Thompson's lack of interest going back. Why did Paddy Boyle get a free run into our box at the goal?

Hey....it's your forum as much as its mine....and I think you have some good points mate, but just don't get calling guys by stupid names and stuff......we all see the game differently.

we call our players hundreds of names those are just the more polite versions

O'neil is far better then ferguson ...Bain is shockingly bad barr the odd wonder goal and should be told do to do one ...David cox is majorly missed ...Laim watt should be still in the first team regardless ..lister is great but needs some one playing off him to get the rewards of all his hard work ....EwB wake up and pick the right fuking team week in week out now it's the same pish get a grip of things man or piss aff back to the lady's game

barr

_39303158_billbarr270.jpg

you calling my gran a pie ? ya tit

no i was referring to the actual Pie.

The safety of your family members is of no concern to me, If you choose to take an elderly lady to a football game and something happens - then that is on you!

Maybe try something safer next time you are on day release, like ten pin bowling.

As in the morally put down or put down like a dog? You must try and form proper sentences when trying to insult, works a whole lot better than random 4 or 5 word answers.

oh what have we hear enother cection d wannabe

Please refer to my earlier post before replying again, will maybe help you not come across as a slavering mess.

Archived