Stirling Albion v Clyde

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing as you're on first name terms with Mister Brown, perhaps you can chap him up then and tell him someone's impersonating him in a national newspaper. The Berwick fans are right about you lot.....take your defeat like a man, for fucks sake.

Re Stuart Brown this information regarding him calling the Police was on Rave On the unofficial Albion fans website. Put their by Mr Brown himself and I am quite sure he knows about the article in the Sun.

Re "take your defeat like a man" where did I complain about being defeated by the Clyde ? Got me on that one. You seem to have missed the point that the incompetence of the referee on Tuesday night was the reason for the anger of the Albion fans towards him. We missed a number of chances during the game despite you being awarded 2 questionable and dubious penalties which had we taken them then we would have won.

Stirling - thugs on the park, thugs in the stands.

Funny enough an East Fife fan had a warning about this referee on his Twitter account and posted another one after you played Elgin City where I believe one of your players got sent off. Strange that even one of your own fans has taken the time to post 2 messages regarding this referees performances against your own club.

So, what part of the article is 'made up', then, just to fill a slow news day? Clearly, he has felt the need to embarrass the well-behaved and decent Stirling fans, by addressing that his club has a problem element, in the national press. In my decades of supporting Clyde, i have witnessed an absolute catalogue of incidents which, truthfully, have cause to offend. But the press have never been involved, nor sought as a means to get the club message across.....Clyde used to save THAT for the match programme. 'Moronic element', i believe was the phrase. I trust your chairman hasn't been duped, and he has reacted to a very real (and seemingly lengthy list of) issues with you lot behaving yourselves. Look in the mirror.

I don't have to look in the mirror with regard to behaving at football matches and so do the vast majority of Albion fans who attend home and away. Like a number of clubs we have a small element who seem to have attached themselves to the club and use it for their own ends not for supporting the team.

With regard to "what part of the article is made up" only a small section of an official statement on the Club website was used. I suggest you log onto the Club Website and read the full article. It would have been handy to put it in the Match programme but the Albion produce only 1 programme a month and since the Feb edition has already been printed, it may feature in the March edition which will be on sale for the Arbroath game.

Clearly you do not understand the way that the press work in this country especially the gutter press, they chose to use what suits their propose which is to tell a story with as few facts as possible to make it a lot more than it is.

Och, dry your eyes. I know exactly how the press work, in this and in most free countries.....if you give them a sniff, they'll eat you alive. You gave them the full knicker-flash, let alone a sniff, by calling the polis. And in any case, it is a matter of national interest if a sports official comes under threat for simply doing his job....so, having read the full article, it's clear absolutely nothing has been made up, and either Stirling are up to something news-worthy that isn't public yet, hence the paranoia of you feeling 'stitched up', or they deal with the problem itself. The world is watching!

I don`t need to dry my eyes though maybe I should with the laughter your post has generated. You say you understand how the press works ! I don`t think so. " and in any case it is a matter of national interest if a sports official comes under threat for simply doing his job" What threat I ask. Of NATIONAL INTEREST ! , the Chairperson was merely erring on the safe side and for the reputation of the Club surely that he can`t be slated for that.

Wouldn't the Chairperson of the club you support do the same ?

Regarding Paranoia I think it is you that is being PARNOID. For someone who has only been posting on P&B for a couple of weeks you certainly have made your mark on this forum for all the wrong reasons imo.

Indeed my friend the world is watching but I don`t think it is watching the outpourings of a PARNOID person like you. You clearly have a high regard for yourself, sorry if I don`t agree with that.

Its PARANOID. Explain to me how exactly i'm paranoid, then! It's not me under the microscope. Well, this time, at least. Cast your little brain back six months, and tell me that you and others were not basking in the glory of the uploaded video filmed in Stirling town centre. There was no major statement, because no one got their knickers in a twist over it. Far less you, giving me my character and all. Really.....who gives a shit what strangers on a forum think? That, dingus, is the act of paranoia. Peace out.[/quot

You clearly are clutching at straws now with regard to something I can vaguely recall that happened in Stirling Town centre, clearly your paranoid mind is leading you somewhere but to where is the question I hear myself asking. I suggest you seek medical advice as soon as possible to help you recover your wits my friend. Peace out.

If you think he's erring on the side if caution, frankly you're off your head. Your chairman mentions repeat conversations about such matters, and feels it necessary to make a public statement. And yes, the Clyde chairman loves a Club Statement, but not recently because of fan behaviour.

You clearly don't understand what the duties of a Chairperson are and if he thinks that match officials are in threat of danger, then his duty is to make sure that those officials are given protection. Clearly nothing happened but what if something did happen.

If any such incident had happened then clearly Stirling Albion FC would be in grave trouble happening outside its Stadium. Do you think the SPFL and SFA would do nothing if something had happened.

Reading between the lines their appears to be problems at Clyde FC with your Chairman and the fans, sorry to hear that.

There*

The Stirling lot are handling this defeat well though. More importantly, did the guy with the guitar get in?

Yes he got in to Forthbank on Tuesday, hopefully he gets in at Galabank on Saturday. If we win we might get a song, you never know.

So its ok for your chairman to think an official is in danger of being attacked, just for talkings sake, and thus can make statememts to cover Stirling's duty of care towards the officials; but no one else can? I understand perfectly clear what is going on here. And fwiw, i'm not sorry there are issues with our chairman. I wouldn't worry about if i were you.

Who said "but no one else can ?. Our Chairman did not, I did not. " I understand perfectly clear what is going on here", glad you do because I DONT.

Could you please enlighten me ? and I wont worry about relations between your Chairman and the Clyde fans thanks for that.

In your last-post-but-three, you openly confirm that the Stirling chairman acted in the interest of the match officials not getting lynched. You seem to think this is a perfectly normal thing for a club to do, as again according to yourself, the authorities would hold the club (YOUR club) responsible. The thing is, Stirling done absolutely a great job in ensuring the safety of the ref....but they really shouldn't have had to. This little spat between us has only come about because you accused people of 'making up stories' to sell papers.....despite the fact no one who reads those papers gives a rat's arse about your club. Or mine, for that matter. The danger to the safety of a referee, is, however in the national interest, especially if it discourages even one prospective future ref from doing his/her badges because of fear of reprisal. You can't have a game without them, like it or lump it.

Quite agree but you never know in todays world you get some weirdo`s who will do anything and I believe the Chairman took the right decision as you say we need officials no matter how incompetent they are to officiate at football matches.

However I did not "accuse people of making up stories to sell papers" If you read the article the person who wrote it did not contact the Chairman and ask for his comments but used a small part of the Chairmans Comments on the website to create an article which gave the non incident arms and legs. Clearly easy for the journalist to produce a story rather than get the full facts regarding the matter from the Chairman himself as any half decent journalist would do, but its the sort of thing you get from the gutter press. they do anything to get a story including recently getting into peoples private voicemail on their phones.

And that 'weirdo' could strike at any point, anywhere. All any journalist worth ten bob would need to do is either witness for himself, or stumble across online images of, the ref being led to his car by half-a-dozen coppers. This really isn't the Leveson-type fit-up some are painting. If these buggers can make or break people with bad press, i wouldn't be insulting their intelligence, or indeed their enterprise in taking it from your website into the public domain.

As previously stated this non incident was just an easy story to make up. I doubt Police Scotland have the manpower to have half a dozen coppers to walk the referee to his car at Forthbank that night, more likely their would have been 2 at most, certain other things would take priority imo for the use of their manpower in the Stirling Area. Cheap journalism to fill a few inches of paper when nothing better is happening that's what this non incident is about.

Guest The Phoenix

To be fair, whilst inappropriate, Jake would not have been aware of the circumstances behind JP's absence at the time of posting.

The thoughts and sympathies of everyone at SAFC are with JP and his family at this time.

Archived