Stirling Albion v Clyde

I Kind of gave up posting on P&B but I have to on this occasion, given I was virtually in line with the key incidents. The referee got it badly wrong for both penalties.

Ross Smith was elbowed in the face and handled the ball as he fell. A clear and obvious free kick to Stirling. Everyone round about me assumed he had blown for a free kick to Stirling.

As for the second, how on earth can a shot hit at pace possibly be a penalty. Johnston had the ball hit against him. You see it every week, no penalty.

I try not to criticise referees but on this occasion he had an absolute howler which could affect Stirling's chances of promotion. I'm not surprised both the manager and assistant got sent to the stand.

It's bad enough having one bad penalty decision go against you but two in the one game!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Kind of gave up posting on P&B but I have to on this occasion, given I was virtually in line with the key incidents. The referee got it badly wrong for both penalties.

Ross Smith was elbowed in the face and handled the ball as he fell. A clear and obvious free kick to Stirling. Everyone round about me assumed he had blown for a free kick to Stirling.

As for the second, how on earth can a shot hit at pace possibly be a penalty. Johnston had the ball hit against him. You see it every week, no penalty.

I try not to criticise referees but on this occasion he had an absolute howler which could affect Stirling's chances of promotion. I'm not surprised both the manager and assistant got sent to the stand.

It's bad enough having one bad penalty decision go against you but two in the one game!

Kind of give up again. ( Whatever "kind of" means. Is it like being "a bit pregnant?")

And "virtually in line"? https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=virtually%20meaning

Whilst Marko will always be a Clyde legend perhaps now is the time to recognise that whilst the spirit is there the fitness is not.Many of the bookings he has amassed this season can be put down to his lack of pace.Last night he toiled and much as it grieves me to say it he has become a liability.I don't enjoy seeing one of my all time heroes struggle.

I was thinking the same last night that he is really struggling at the moment and we need to watch as last night it was just taking one pass over the top and we were getting caught out due to the lack of pace.

The only thing by putting Marsh there is we lose him from the middle of the park even though he has been wide right recently.

Kind of give up again. ( Whatever "kind of" means. Is it like being "a bit pregnant?")

And "virtually in line"? https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=virtually%20meaning

Ill respond to this wind up just to keep it going. I get along to Broadwood quite often and have posted on Clyde threads

"Kind of" means I haven't posted in a while and hadn't intended to post any time soon but felt the need to, following some of the earlier posts.

Virtually in line means I was as close as you could get to both incidents without being on the pitch and a damn sight closer than any of the Clyde fans who were all on the other side of the ground and at the other end of the stadium.

Next!

Stirling's chances of promotion are more likely to be hampered by the fact they are pish rather than a referee in one match.

Don't let that get in the way of your tear ridden posts though.

Stirling's chances of promotion are more likely to be hampered by the fact they are pish rather than a referee in one match.

Don't let that get in the way of your tear ridden posts though.

ok, ill bite. It looks like an obvious wind-up but with Clyde fans you never can be sure.

Clyde notched up only their 2nd win in eight games courtesy of 2 of the softest penalty awards I have ever seen.

There was only one pish team on show last night and it wasn't Stirling.

ok, ill bite. It looks like an obvious wind-up but with Clyde fans you never can be sure.

Clyde notched up only their 2nd win in eight games courtesy of 2 of the softest penalty awards I have ever seen.

Equally, I'll bite to this. For starters, it was our 3rd win in 8 games and our second win on the bounce. Or, if we're just selecting a random number of games, our 7th win in 12 games.

We may be an absolute gang, but as it stands, we've more points on the board than Stirling, albeit with plenty of football left to play. Stirling certainly didn't fare much better than us last night. Poor decisions balance themselves out in time. We went up to Elgin a few weeks ago, had a player sent off courtesy of a poor decision, created more than enough chances to have won the game, yet walked away with nothing. These things happen; get over it.

Both teams would be better placed to focus on improving their obvious limitations, as I'm sure Ferguson and McLaren will be trying to do.

Think it was Jock Stein who said "If you're good enough, the referee doesn't matter". Nice try though, buster.

We weren't great last night but felt we should've been in front before half time. Marko's absolutely sensational overhead kick would have been goal of the century if Gemmell hadn't touched it. A deserved win based on the chances we had IMO. Never saw the first penalty incident but I thought the 2nd was a pretty easy decision for the ref.

A huge 3 points.

Archived