Stirling Albion v Clyde

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going to be an interesting game on Tuesday night after the defeat to East Fife. Clyde will come to Forthbank hopping to get something from this game and unless we buck up our ideas I can see us come away empty handed.

Would like to see some changes to the side on Tuesday, David Velaque in for Phil Johnston at right back. Also Scott Buist could be a doubt for Tuesday and Ross McMillian to come in to the side to replace him.

Tuesday.s game is a must win for us after the poor performance against East Fife on Saturday and I hope the players will respond.

Prediction Albion 2 Clyde 1

Rhilstron basically agree with you but I have major doubts regarding mcralens tactical knowledge after Saturday's substitutions. Also heard a lot of first team players unhappy regarding if the under 20 have a game at forthbank they have to vacate the pitch surely the first team has to be the priority.

The standard of the playing surface may be an issue going by previous experience. However, in this division, we have to accept whatever we are presented with......................

You'll be pleased to hear the pitch at Forthbank has been superb this season.

"You'll be pleased to hear the pitch at Forthbank has been superb this season." GAME OFF
Posted on January 30th, 2016

Today’s Ladbrokes League 2 match against Montrose at Forthbank has been postponed following a pitch inspection.

GAME OFF
Posted on November 28th, 2015

Our William Hill Scottish Cup third-round tie against Cumbernauld Colts at Forthbank has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

Stranraer_logo_200-150x150.png

GAME OFF
Posted on March 7th, 2015

Today’s League 1 game against Stranraer at Forthbank has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch following an inspection at 10.00am.

Mind you, talking about playing surfaces, I did once take a dander along to the old Annfield Park in Stirling to watch a pre-season friendly, Stirling Albion against Aberdeen.

This game around 1988, was played on the then new innovation of an artificial surface, perhaps the first in the country at senior level, which I was interested in observing.

I noted that the Aberdeen players all wore indoor trainer type shoes as opposed to standard boots and the ball did trend to behave in an in-door type manner with its high bounce and pronounced skid along the surface.

Fair play to the the Stirling Council for their innovative approach, but the result required a lot of development before becoming acceptable.

for view, ground size /facilties. I would say forthbank is the best stadium in the league and probably my favourite away ground to watch football ,whoever designed /planned it got it just right .

on to the game if we play defensively like we did against Berwick cant see us getting a clean sheet , but with gemmell we have a real goal threat as well as some superb link up play with gormley.

score draw or Clyde win

2-2 or 1-2

or then again we could lose 3 -0 league is mental and almost impossible to predict :1eye

The standard of the playing surface may be an issue going by previous experience. However, in this division, we have to accept whatever we are presented with......................

Just as well the pitch has been quality this season

Darren Smith 4-0 Clyde

for view, ground size /facilties. I would say forthbank is the best stadium in the league and probably my favourite away ground to watch football ,whoever designed /planned it got it just right .

on to the game if we play defensively like we did against Berwick cant see us getting a clean sheet , but with gemmell we have a real goal threat as well as some superb link up play with gormley.

score draw or Clyde win

2-2 or 1-2

or then again we could lose 3 -0 league is mental and almost impossible to predict :1eye

I agree, forthbank is a great stadium at this level

Archived