Rangers v Raith Rovers 01/03/16

We're in the game, but very unlikely to score on the evidence so far. Grant Anderson is our only real threat out there - Harry P is isolated as expected.

We've done well enough at restricting Rangers, but that was a cracking strike to put them 1 up.

Thomson is going to get sent off, isn't he?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nae luck Raith. You had a good 10/15 minutes in the first half but we were thoroughly professional tonight. Probably our best display of the year.

BTW 1. Wee Holty was the MotM.

BTW 2. Why hasn't Kirkaldy's big razor blade shortage been made public news?

Was fairly clear McKinnon pinned this game as damage limitation before it even started. We didn't get pumped and we didn't pick any suspensions or injuries. Meh, onto the next match.

I'm more upset about Hibs "hibsing" it at Palmerston to be honest.

Was fairly clear McKinnon pinned this game as damage limitation before it even started. We didn't get pumped and we didn't pick any suspensions or injuries. Meh, onto the next match.

I'm more upset about Hibs "hibsing" it at Palmerston to be honest.

Agreed.

We never looked like scoring but put a lot of work into restricting Rangers into shots from distance, which was unfortunately undone by a quality strike. We were still in it at HT.

Second half? Easy street for Rangers. They were never in any danger whatsoever. I felt Grant Anderson was our only player who looked like posing an attacking threat, and that taking him off was a mistake. Not only was our best hope of something, but it cost us the out ball. I'd have subbed Craigen for Connolly instead.

Unfortunately, Hibs losing to Queens has rather made this a bad night.

I'd say it made Saturdays win even more vital.

The race is on now.

Sad to hear sectarian singing tonight from the home fans.

What did you expect? Play up Gers? Mon the Rangers?

It is ingrained in them, ingrained

14 points clear of hapeless hibees lol

We'd a tricky patch earlier in the season when we struggled with teams sitting in but now you just know that we'll usually break them down and score. This team just keeps going forward and rarely takes the lazy option, what a difference from last season.

Andy Murdoch :lol:

Archived