Partick Thistle - St Johnstone, Tues 23rd Feb

We only have ourselves to blame. We had some gilt-edged chances in that second half.

I genuinely can't remember Saints creating anything of note in the second half.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On another note, I'd like to make a comparison between the poisonous away days at Dundee United and tonight's experience whilst walking back towards the subway from Firhill. You don't feel particularly intimidated when surrounded by opposition fans who are carrying fine-art cushions.

I genuinely can't remember Saints creating anything of note in the second half.

There was one good chance where Booth blocked it, that was it. Another one went across the face of goal but the flag was up. They seemed more dangerous in the first half.

That was a very strange game.

My love for Christie Elliot is never ending. I still believe that he is one of the best crossers of a ball we have in the team, I'd actually like to see him hit a few corners, or other set pieces.

My love for Christie Elliot is never ending. I still believe that he is one of the best crossers of a ball we have in the team,l.

Good performance, but you're taking the piss there.

so what actually are the positives tonight then?

Judging by Twitter/Facebook, we were decent (by our recent standards) up until Millar skulked off the pitch.

The saints 16 looked tidy in possession, other than him there wasn't anyone I was terrified of once they got the ball. Their no 18 was a usless gobshite.

Wasn't as bad a shitfest as expected both teams had spells when they tried to play football, thistle more so.

Nesbitt looks like he actually deserves some of the hype he gets, quite filled out for a teenage (however old he is)

so what actually are the positives tonight then?

The general play was better. Our passing was improved, we had more of an appetite to win the ball, we had a few decent long-range efforts, some good individual performances from the likes of Fisher and Swanson, and a compact defence for the majority of the game. Ultimately, a lack of any end product or any real attacking threat has damaged our chances tonight. Defence looked more shaky as the match progressed.

Archived