Partick Thistle - St Johnstone, Tues 23rd Feb

What's the point of John Sutton?

Hes one of the highest earning players (or the highest) in our squad but contributes nothing. His role seems to be to suck his wages out while preventing a young player with three times as many goals from getting on the pitch.

Most of thats not his fault though.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That must be about the 5th or 6th game this season we've been average at best in the first half then been miles better in the second, would save a lot of hassle if Thistle could let me know in advance.

To say Nesbitt was better than Welsh would be damning him with faint praise, but he was good. Clearly has excellent technique and a burst of pace, certainly looked better in the middle then on the left, but did get outmuscled quite a lot as you'd expect, tried a few first time flicks that didn't come off and his pish corner / miscontrol for a throw combo was the worst thing any of our players did all night. Solid 7/10 performance but let's not go making him the Scottish Messi just yet.

I said at HT you know it's a poor game when Christie Elliott is your best player but he was excellent all game, deserved MOM for me.

I've been waiting all season for Amoo to score that type of goal, dunno whether it's a confidence issue but he really doesn't use his pace to attack defences enough.

St Johnstone just looked a bit devoid of confidence, suppose the injuries didn't help but it seems as if Davidson has been clattering into challenges and injuring himself for years on end now. The big Bulgarian lad looked cumbersome, but I thought they had the best of the midfield up until we scored. I expect a fairly tight game next week but if we win twice in Perth in one season, that's surely the beginning of the Rapture or some shit like that.

Final mention for John Beaton- still my least favourite ref, at least Collum might give one of his brain fart decisions in your favour, Beaton just gives foul upon foul upon foul. Half the time he doesn't bother to indicate whether he's given a foul or not, didn't even indicate the full time whistle

Surely this is the end of the line for the Millar/Muzz partnership. We could just about cope with Muzz being injured every third game when Millar was fit, but now he's decided he can't be arsed after 70 minutes if we're losing then we're buggered due to the squad size. At least one needs replaced this Summer.

Millar going off killed us. Thought we looked comfortable and played ok to that point. However, the change was fucking terrible. The defence was fine, a couple of shaky moments aside. Tommy could've brought on Kane/Sutton, Thomson or a defender and he picked by far the worst option. Ultimately cost us a goal and reminded us all how woeful Fisher is in midfield.

We huffed and puffed but never really looked like scoring, Swanson's solo effort aside. Thistle much the same until our second change, which was a gift to them tbh.

Think it's fair to say that there were 2 shyte fest's of a game happening tonight.....

Who won?

Does it matter!

Both teams are supported by f*ckwits/and merry downers.

No doubt 1 team will be near that dreaded 3 spot whilst the other will survive .....just.

Is there any point to you?

Think it's fair to say that there were 2 shyte fest's of a game happening tonight.....

Who won?

Does it matter!

No doubt 1 team will be near that dreaded 3 spot whilst the other will survive .....just.

said the biggest fuckwit thats decided to try and be an arsehole for the sake of being an arsehole .

Neither team were brilliant, but thought that was the worst Saints team I've seen in a long long time. A real lack of quality passing and balls in the final third. A couple of decent players, but their efforts died usually when they gave the ball to a teammate who lost it or belted it into nowhere.

Very pleased with three points. If we take another three or four from the games we have in hand, then we can start worrying less about being in the relegation shitstorm and look up.

Who won?

Does it matter!

f**k off ya beast.

We only have ourselves to blame. We had some gilt-edged chances in that second half. Partick looked increasingly dangerous and their finishing was clinical.

Fisher was very good at right-back again. Swanson was excellent in the first-half before tiring in the second-half. Krashunov likes to play the ball on the deck (which I appreciate) but he looked quite nervy and took too many touches on occasion. I'm confident that he'll come good.

Another poor result but there were positives to take from the performance.

Archived