Quarter final draw

fan of the juniors

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did say haha mate. Just wondered if you had a retort at the undesirable kilbirnie ????????. I said to my mate last night I reckon about 1200 to 1400 with neutrals attending for our quarter. You guys will have big home support but we do travel in numbers. Musselburgh our last quarter and we took about 400 there.

Come down off the clouds m8 pollok have a great away support an beith bring a decent support to the vale

Ladeside have a good away support and should probably take 4/500 to pollok

Pollok have a decent consistent away support.

However when we reach the later stages of things the numbers don't increase that much compared to other teams.

I would be pretty certain that despite Pollok carrying one of the biggest league away support if we played a 2 legged semi final v teams like Beith, Talbot, Kilwinning and Kilbirnie (obviously that one can't happen) all would take bigger supports to Newlandsfield than we would take to their ground.

the biggest support will be the ladeside support no matter who or where they play ! Beith and pollok have very poor away supports the talbot take a fair support but ladeside is the biggest by far , pollok will be happy to host ladeside as the cash will fill there coffers HB

what you smoking? Pollok have very decent home and away supports but in terms of numbers, No one comes close to the Talbot away support particularly at this stage of the cup.

Week in week out Loks home gates are bigger than any junior side in Scotland however there is no local identity in the City of Glasgow which suddenly turns doing well in the junior cup into some kind of local event.Its a shame but that's what comes of existing in a big multicultural and diverse city as other Glasgow clubs will confirm.

Week in week out Loks home gates are bigger than any junior side in Scotland however there is no local identity in the City of Glasgow which suddenly turns doing well in the junior cup into some kind of local event.Its a shame but that's what comes of existing in a big multicultural and diverse city as other Glasgow clubs will confirm.

I would agree that Pollok have the best home Junior support. But imo their fans don't have an ounce of the same passion as any of the big Ayrshire teams.

am not in a debate about supports as I know who has bigger or smaller. Been every ground in the west many a time in my time. I do however wanna know how you know for fact about polloks support being week in week out bigger than anyone else's home gate. As far as I am aware your pretty much only team that keeps tabs on your gates. We don't. Talbot dont. Linlithgow don't but I am positive we all match your home support on occasions. Witnessed this myself taking in a pollok game when ours been off.

quote name="superpollok" post="10224507" timestamp="1456513106"]

However when we reach the later stages of things the numbers don't increase that much compared to other teams.

I would be pretty certain that despite Pollok carrying one of the biggest league away support if we played a 2 legged semi final v teams like Beith, Talbot, Kilwinning and Kilbirnie (obviously that one can't happen) all would take bigger supports to Newlandsfield than we would take to their ground.

And this is why I still hold the opinion that the West amalgamation benefitted the Central sides.

As I said the village/community mentality of a big community event sadly doesn't relate to living in a large multicultural City and junior sides in the City lose out as a result so the fans following them really are dedicated as it is much harder for those sides to be seen as a local team.

quote name="superpollok" post="10224507" timestamp="1456513106"]

And this is why I still hold the opinion that the West amalgamation benefitted the Central sides.

Sorry I am not sure how you have drawn that conclusion from my post?

I refer to the support Ayrshire teams can draw on for big cup games - where the whole village / town gets behind them. That isn't the case for league games.

Sorry I am not sure how you have drawn that conclusion from my post?

I refer to the support Ayrshire teams can draw on for big cup games - where the whole village / town gets behind them. That isn't the case for league games.

Ok I'll admit to being slightly obtuse but I thought at the time of the merger, Ayrshire teams had a bigger away support than the Central teams. I'm talking across the board here. Not just Pollok/Talbot.

Why don't other sides keep notes of their gates?The passion thing is nonsense-all fans are totally behind their sides whether they are from the back of beyond or the City Centre.

Disagree. Pollok are the Aberdeen fans of the juniors. Sweetie wrappers rustling when they get excited ;D

Archived