EU in/out Referendum - 23 June 2016

FlyerTon

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll be staying, wotad, don't you worry about that.

Sure you will , and youll keep the pound , you will be a strong member in the EU , get the same benefits the strong UK has.. i think you live in Fairyland land

Did you leave Spain because of their treatment of gay people?

Surely the embedding of human rights in the structures of member states is something positive the EU has done?

Yeah the EU human rights is a amazing thing the EU courts stop us from deporting terrorists and criminals because even those need human rights..

Also Saudi Arabia do worse to gay people yet the west like their terrorist asses.

Yeah the EU human rights is a amazing thing the EU courts stop us from deporting terrorists and criminals because event those need human rights..

Also Saudi Arabia do worse to gay people yet the west like their terrorist asses.

How dare you speak about an ally of her majesty's government in such a way.

Everyone has human rights, wotad. Even trolls.

Sadly i don't think that terrorists and murders,rapists should have the same rights as actual people.

It didn't. He is some WUM pretending to be a bigotted gay Spaniard for comic effect.

You should really learn what a bigot is

Correct but leaving now will not change that one iota. It will mean controls to immigration to Scotland's detriment and repealing of the human rights act and all other manner of right wing shite.

I think the UK leaving will have a massive effect on the EU.

f**k knows how it would play out but I doubt that the EU would just carry on as normal.

You also suggest that hopelessness is a solid reason for staying. I'm not convinced that a brexit would be good for those who believe in progressive politics - but I know that a remain vote would give the EU a very undeserved pat on the back.

Sadly i don't think that terrorists and murders,rapists should have the same rights as actual people.

You should really learn what a bigot is

Rapists and murderers are people. That is quite literally a fact.

Human rights, by their very definition, belong to everyone.

Rapists and murderers are people. That is quite literally a fact.

Human rights, by their very definition, belong to everyone.

Well this is my opinion but when you decide to kill another person , or rape someone you should be deported to your home country and punished with or without human rights getting in the way.

Well this is my opinion but when you decide to kill another person , or rape someone you should be deported to your home country and punished with or without human rights getting in the way.

You're allowed an opinion wotad but we're allowed to point out that it's wrong.

Human rights are human rights.

and neither has 'England' and the 'rest of the UK'.

Using your logic, If Scotland had to apply to join the EU so will rUK as neither on their own have been part of the EU.

Nope. The longstanding precedent in international law of successor statehood would almost certainly see the rUK recognised as being the same legal person in international law as the UK before Scottish secession.

I believe you're tone trolling. But, and I'll cherry-pick: Can you make the case for number 3 please. Why the EU would ( on entry / re-entry ) force Scotland to move away from the CTA and into Schengen.

I'm not tone trolling because:

1. My remarks relate to substance not tone

2. They aren't trolling

I didn't say we wouldn't get an opt-out of Schengen. The question is whether the negotiations would lead to others seeking a quid pro quo. I think we would get an opt out but I suspect we wouldn't get it for free or without making concessions elsewhere. Hence my post said "all of" and not "any of" the relevant privileges attaching to UK membership.

Archived