EU in/out Referendum - 23 June 2016

FlyerTon

Please refer to my posts on defence etc for clarification.

No I think that we will be prepared for more wars.

We don't have the soldiers to fight these wars!

I can't see the UK government increasing the numbers of merchant seaman when they are reducing the Royal Navy, RAF and Army numbers. I don't even remember the merchant fleet being mentioned in the SDR.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't have the soldiers to fight these wars!

I can't see the UK government increasing the numbers of merchant seaman when they are reducing the Royal Navy, RAF and Army numbers. I don't even remember the merchant fleet being mentioned in the SDR.

That discussion went on a tangent. I will reiterate my position. The EU benefit me in no way and they are not willing to so f**k them.

You're full of it. The first 2 letters or first letter of your DB, no seaman calls it a pay off book, would date your time of joining the merch. More importantly, no self respecting master would refer to himself as a skipper.

Have you always worked uk waters

What is this "Special status" if we voted to stay in? I'm a bit in the dark as every news story I see keep saying this but dont go on to tell us what it actualy means.

It's the same with no one seems to know what would happen if we voted out. Seems to me we are as in the dark about a no vote as we where with our referendum as to what would happen if we left the UK.

What is this "Special status" if we voted to stay in? I'm a bit in the dark as every news story I see keep saying this but dont go on to tell us what it actualy means.

It's the same with no one seems to know what would happen if we voted out. Seems to me we are as in the dark about a no vote as we where with our referendum as to what would happen if we left the UK.

It means that every time the EU has a decision to make, the UK will be consulted and, where it is roughly similar to France and Germany's opinion, will be listened to. In all other circumstances, it will be ignored.

That is special status for you. :rolleyes:

Here guys, wouldn't voting Yes in the Indyref then Remain in the EUref be hypocritical?

Just thought of this myself and thought I'd share.

Almost as hypocritical as voting "no" in the indyref because VOTENOBORDERS and then demanding that we leave the EU because WENEEDTOCONTROLOURBORDERS! Someone tell Gove, Farage and Galloway!

Almost as hypocritical as voting "no" in the indyref because VOTENOBORDERS and then demanding that we leave the EU because WENEEDTOCONTROLOURBORDERS! Someone tell Gove, Farage and Galloway!

That's a bizarre and rather desperate argument. The Unionists were supporting no borders within the UK. Leave supporters want to regain control of the UK's borders.

If Britain votes to leave the EU and Scotland votes for Independence in IndyRef2 and then rejoins the EU, immigration controls at the borders would be a real possibility.

That's a bizarre and rather desperate argument. The Unionists were supporting no borders within the UK. Leave supporters want to regain control of the UK's borders.

If Britain votes to leave the EU and Scotland votes for Independence in IndyRef2 and then rejoins the EU, immigration controls at the borders would be a real possibility.

That's because the regionalists' "no borders" schtick ends at the channel. Can't have Johnny Foreigner crashing our British borders, what what?

"Let's take back control", cry the Eurosceptics. "But not if you're Scots", they add.

Here guys, wouldn't voting Yes in the Indyref then Remain in the EUref be hypocritical?

Just thought of this myself and thought I'd share.

Galloway despises nationalism and thinks that a welder in Glasgow and a welder in Liverpool have a lot in common....

Then champions British nationalism and puts two fingers up to rotterdams welders.

Guid one

That's because the regionalists' "no borders" schtick ends at the channel. Can't have Johnny Foreigner crashing our British borders, what what?

"Let's take back control", cry the Eurosceptics. "But not if you're Scots", they add.

If Scotland leave the UK, the English, Welsh and Northern Irish would be Johnny Foreigner in Scotland. My English relatives (who voted Yes) suffered Anglophobic abuse from ignorant neds during the referendum campaign.

"Let's take back control" cry the SNP. "But then we'll give more control to the ever closer Union in Brussels" they add. I've argued consistently that real Independence is incompatible with EU Membership. It's heartening to see that other Independence supporters on here agree.

If Scotland leave the UK, the English, Welsh and Northern Irish would be Johnny Foreigner in Scotland. My English relatives (who voted Yes) suffered Anglophobic abuse from ignorant neds during the referendum campaign.

Aye, and I'm sure now plenty of BritNats are doling out abuse to anyone with a continental accent. If your suggestion here is that the provision of a referendum on leaving a political union results in anti-foreign sentiment from some idiots, then why do you so fulsomely support a referendum in favour of leaving a political union?

"Let's take back control" cry the SNP. "But then we'll give more control to the ever closer Union in Brussels" they add. I've argued consistently that real Independence is incompatible with EU Membership. It's heartening to see that other Independence supporters on here agree.

No one has suggested "ever closer union" - it exists only in the heads of Uncle Tams and Little Britons. If the SNP looked like wanting to take an iScotland into an incorporating union in which its sovereign parliament was dissolved and a few representatives sent to a new one in Brussels (with Holyrood maybe getting reconvened as a devolved administration under the permission of Brussels in 300 years), I'm sure the electorate would soon boot them out of office.

Present company accepted, who in the leave campaign isn't an absolute bellend? Wouldn't mind reading something that states a grown up case for brexit.

some left-leaning articles making a case for withdrawal.

The New Statesman on the Left Wing Case for "Brexit"

Goerge Monbiot admits to doubts about the EU and may vote no

Nick Cohen on the Left and a No vote

There are others out there.

Sure, it's not comfortable being on the same side (but for fundamentally different reasons) as bell ends and roasters like Farage and Galloway.

Just as it can't be comfortable as voting on the same side as Cameron, Osborne, what's left of the Busted Flush Party, and so on.

It's just as well we don't vote on personality otherwise I'd stay at home and want both sides to lose.

Archived