EU in/out Referendum - 23 June 2016

FlyerTon

I said it struck a chord - my grandparents generation - both died in the last year - I just found it rather poignant.

My gran's brother committed suicide after serving in the WW2 - shell shocked.  My Grandfather served during the  Western Desert campaign - he missed his own mother's funeral as she died whilst he was in action - I think it's something that affected them both for the rest of their lives.

Fair enough, there's lots of voices out there who will resonate with someone on a particular issue. It doesn't mean that their views are more pertinent, or should be more persuasive, than others.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough, there's lots of voices out there who will resonate with someone on a particular issue. It doesn't mean that their views are more pertinent, or should be more persuasive, than others.

But her view did resonate well. She was very persuasive.

Salmond wasn't genuinely suggesting she should've led the campaign. He was (rightly) praising her speech.

Is no-one going to mention Michelle Gayle's Helen Lovejoy impression? Poor dear was about greeting and trying to get that lad off Dragons Den to tell her his Plan B.

Sandie Shaw was entertaining too.

Michelle still very much a wid and must be ages with me. Sandie not so much and she seemed a bit agitated - as you would be if Paxo dissed you like that. Sheila was looking good for an 83 year old - but I'll refrain from a wid. That was your sexist forecast for today.

Good to know there are mental celebrities too.

The English version of 'The Sun' pro Brexit front page on referendum day today:

CllgWCeWYAAhMDv.jpg

:lol:

A lovely graphic, but I'm sure thick racist cabbies, white van men and other assorted morons were already voting leave anyway.

A lot of people who I know are voting Remain also voted No.

That's because they're selfish and without any sense of irony.

Racist enablers, at any rate.

This new shock jock approach of yours isn't working, Libbers.  I realise you're trying to carry the mantle for your chum Anthony C Pick, whose alias seems to have disappeared too, but you're far too much of a sweater wearing, mild mannered meh merchant to behave thusly.

The margins are so ridiculously slim for it to happen but please lord, let it be so. After the contempt with which any talk of Scotland being dragged out by England was treated, just imagine the indignation if we kept the little Englanders in. Definitely a wheel out Salmond moment.

There's still a much bigger chance of us having an outcome forced on us* than the opposite happening, so I remain nervous.

*no thanks to fuckwits like Granny Danger I must add.

England makes up 84% of the UK and Wales is 5%, Scotland 8% and TFS 3%

So even if England, Wales and TFS are something like 47% remain-45% leave out of their combined 92%, we'd need to go 5% remain and 3% leave to get it really tight, which would mean Scotland going over 60% remain

Possible but I doubt it

Yep, I see it's gone from 1/3 last night to 1/9 as I type.

There's a probably not insignificant number of people involved in observing, exit polling etc who stand to make some very tidy dough speculating at the bookies and the markets.

I suspect we'll know what the result will be before the polls have even closed.

England makes up 84% of the UK and Wales is 5%, Scotland 8% and TFS 3%

So even if England, Wales and TFS are something like 47% remain-45% leave out of their combined 92%, we'd need to go 5% remain and 3% leave to get it really tight, which would mean Scotland going over 60% remain

Possible but I doubt it

A 60% remain vote in Scotland (and Northern Ireland) would be nullified by a 51.6% Leave vote in England.

Archived