EU in/out Referendum - 23 June 2016

FlyerTon

Not only are they trying to tell folk how to vote but further down there's a petition against workers having the right to take strike action.

What a bunch of despicable c***s.

If it's those French air traffic control c***s they are talking about, I'll sign it.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orb poll tonight shows an 8% lead for Remain.

It also shows that 69% of Remain supporters say they are certain to vote, a rise of 15% since the last poll.

64% of Leave supporters are certain to vote, a drop of 5%.

Could be that the string of polls showing Leave ahead has spurred some 'shy Remainers' into action.  Kind of similar to the affect that the poll showing a lead for Yes had a couple of years ago.

Just got this in e-mail form from Ryan Air.

http://ryanairemail.com/nl/jsp/m.jsp?c=%407%2BLr7elDhdOB7mUY5gGYWw2tpvZc%2Bl5l3PuSdcDY%2BaM%3D

Not only are they trying to tell folk how to vote but further down there's a petition against workers having the right to take strike action.

They are a business looking after their interests. If it was in their interests to Leave they would do exactly the same thing.

I take it you think Lord Anthony Bamford is despicable c**t for doing the same for Leave?

Or James Dyson?

It also shows that 69% of Remain supporters say they are certain to vote, a rise of 15% since the last poll.

Could be that the string of polls showing Leave ahead has spurred some 'shy Remainers' into action. Kind of similar to the affect that the poll showing a lead for Yes had a couple of years ago.

That lead may be even bigger if there is, as I suspect, a Bradley effect going on - people who will quietly vote Remain and keep quiet about it - especially in front of the loudmouths that dominate the Leave campaign.

Polls today, excluding Don't Knows

ORB (phone) - Remain 53% (+3%)

NatCen (phone and online) - Remain 53% (nc)

IBRIS (phone) - Remain 52% (+4%)

YouGov - Leave 51% (+2%)

If it's those French air traffic control c***s they are talking about, I'll sign it.

I heard a story years ago that Charles de galleryIis the only international airport in the world where they refuse to use English. I caddy part time caddies for the ceo of delta asked him about it he said its shite. Good story though.

I heard a story years ago that Charles de galleryIis the only international airport in the world where they refuse to use English. I caddy part time caddies for the ceo of delta asked him about it he said its shite. Good story though.

Charles de gallery?

I caddy part time caddies for the ceo of delta?

Fuzzy, please state your point in plain language. 

That lead may be even bigger if there is, as I suspect, a Bradley effect going on - people who will quietly vote Remain and keep quiet about it - especially in front of the loudmouths that dominate the Leave campaign.

I'd always assumed the Bradley effect would work the other way but I'm in the epicentre of Remain so I'm not best placed to judge

I was right about it during the IndyRef - I'll stick my head in the block and say we've got the same again.

Well Dundee is Scottish(remain) and a little bit shit(a little bit leave) so it's probably a better place to gauge these things from.

We really need to ask our Airdrie correspondent

Just got this in e-mail form from Ryan Air.

http://ryanairemail.com/nl/jsp/m.jsp?c=%407%2BLr7elDhdOB7mUY5gGYWw2tpvZc%2Bl5l3PuSdcDY%2BaM%3D

Strange times indeed. My Union, unison, wrote to all members urging a remain vote, not often they'd be in agreement with the Ryanair flightkommandant.

Could be that the string of polls showing Leave ahead has spurred some 'shy Remainers' into action.  Kind of similar to the affect that the poll showing a lead for Yes had a couple of years ago.

Think most of us could've called this but very interesting to see it showing up in polling.

The phenomenon of "shy" voters makes a lot of sense when it comes to shy Tories. I'd say this is more the Leave side peaking too soon and the 'not all that fucked about the whole thing Remainers' having their attention caught.

Think most of us could've called this but very interesting to see it showing up in polling.

The phenomenon of "shy" voters makes a lot of sense when it comes to shy Tories. I'd say this is more the Leave side peaking too soon and the 'not all that fucked about the whole thing Remainers' having their attention caught.

What really fucked over Yes was the turnout. Anyone who wanted independence was always going out to vote for it, but turnout was so high that the soft No's came out to vote as well. I think we could see a really high turnout again on Thursday, but a lower turnout suits Farage and his merry men

They are a business looking after their interests. If it was in their interests to Leave they would do exactly the same thing.

I take it you think Lord Anthony Bamford is despicable c**t for doing the same for Leave?

Or James Dyson?

Yeah both despicable c***s. As you say they are looking after their own interests; why not be honest and say 'Ryan Air want you to vote stay so we can make bigger profits?'

Nouriel Roubini has tweeted this morning that the UK would be better off in the EU and that a Brexit would harm the UK economy significantly. George Soros has said the same.

I have some sympathy with Michael Gove's disdain for 'experts', specifically economic sages who are wrong about everything but keep getting paid for it, but these guys are the peak of financial and economic thinking. Roubini is famous for predicting the sub-prime mortgage crisis when so many around him didn't and Soros, of course, saw the folly of the UKs membership of the ERM in the early 1990s and made billions from his position against sterling.

Waiting for the leave campaign to dismiss them both as EU funded stooges.

I'm liking Downing Street's response to the policy guy who said the UK could never expect to control immigration with open movement for EU citizens. These guys are uber sensitive on how they use language so the response of "doesn't recognise the claim" is miles away from "that never happened". "Recognise" has different connotations from "can't remember" to "refusal to accept or acknowledge".

I'd say that Cameron was told this and chose to crack on with targets which were never achievable because doing otherwise would have cost him the election. Same as being up front with his views on why we shouldn't hold a referendum if the consequences are as dire as he has been suggesting.

Bottom line is none of this is being done for the good of the country. It's all shite being spouted at a given point in time to suit their own position and pocket.

Archived