EU in/out Referendum - 23 June 2016

FlyerTon

British troops and equipment would be transported on British ships. The RN do not have cargo ships and an expanded RFA would serve the same purposes as I seek. More jobs for British Merchant seafarers. The RFA is manned by civilian reservists, having only gained reserve status recently for purposes of rights under the Geneva Convention.

So you think we'll get involved in more wars if we leave the EU? Is that it?

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spent 4 years in shipyards going over regs from all over the world,ive worked 20 odd years at sea snd im a master mariner,my first reply was to your post about jones and eu,your now shifting the goal posts of your first post

What are the first 2 letters of your discharge book number? My post was why I want to leave the EU. They benefit me in no way and when they have the chance to benefit me they don't. That is my point.

What are the first 2 letters of your discharge book number? My post was why I want to leave the EU. They benefit me in no way and when they have the chance to benefit me they don't. That is my point.

As i said im not un sympathetic to your views but i cant see how leaving the eu will change the philipinos/indonesians and now cheap russians from crewing up ships

If you think an out uk would keep a more active ready war fleet then you have to ask why are they not doing it now

The non front line ships are now being built in south korea etc this aint going go change sadly

No I think that we will be prepared for more wars.

I still don't understand how you think you'll be better off in your job without the EU. The Navy isn't going to suddenly expand, the Government isn't going to force up shipping costs. I'd just hate to see your hopes dashed for no reason.

I still don't understand how you think you'll be better off in your job without the EU. The Navy isn't going to suddenly expand, the Government isn't going to force up shipping costs. I'd just hate to see your hopes dashed for no reason.

My point is I am no better off in the EU and they are not willing to help Europeans in my profession so f**k them.

Far too many diddie countries in the EU now,with the promise of more to join so with that I will be voting to leave.

The thought of more hordes of benefit seeking Eastern Europeans clogging up the NHS and living rent free in council houses fills me with dread.

Really?!

Far too many diddie countries in the EU now,with the promise of more to join so with that I will be voting to leave.

The thought of more hordes of benefit seeking Eastern Europeans clogging up the NHS and living rent free in council houses fills me with dread.

Aye, I dread the day these pesky Montenegrins take over my sitting room.

As i said im not un sympathetic to your views but i cant see how leaving the eu will change the philipinos/indonesians and now cheap russians from crewing up ships

If you think an out uk would keep a more active ready war fleet then you have to ask why are they not doing it now

The non front line ships are now being built in south korea etc this aint going go change sadly

You, with your expansive knowledge, will know that the majority of British registered ships work in the oil industry. They would be working from UK ports, in the main, forcing UK/EU personnel on to these vessels would safeguard a huge amount of jobs.

That DB number, your first 2 letters, Captain?

Every seaman I know knows his off by heart, it's a pride thing.

You, with your expansive knowledge, will know that the majority of British registered ships work in the oil industry. They would be working from UK ports, in the main, forcing UK/EU personnel on to these vessels would safeguard a huge amount of jobs.

That DB number, your first 2 letters, Captain?

Every seaman I know knows his off by heart, it's a pride thing.

I aint a skipper of anything,whats my pay off book got to do with you

You should have started working overseas in the early 90s

The safety of the supply vessel jobs relies on the price of oil not being in or out of the eu

I aint a skipper of anything,whats my pay off book got to do with you

You should have started working overseas in the early 90s

The safety of the supply vessel jobs relies on the price of oil not being in or out of the eu

You're full of it. The first 2 letters or first letter of your DB, no seaman calls it a pay off book, would date your time of joining the merch. More importantly, no self respecting master would refer to himself as a skipper.

Present company accepted, who in the leave campaign isn't an absolute bellend? Wouldn't mind reading something that states a grown up case for brexit.

I imagine many potential left wing or sensible perspectives on leaving the EU will be reluctant to support a Brexit under the terms of the current government.

Archived