"Premiership teams stuck in the Championship"

Football is about performances. If you don't do it on the pitch you get relegated and rightly so.

It doesn't matter if that's a result of board decisions, managerial ineptitude or shite player performances or a combination of all three.

In terms of crowds, and therefore income, United is the sixth biggest team in Scotland but we don't deserve any pity or any special treatment. We deserve to be where we are.

I'd like to think that we will get back up in one or two seasons but I certainly won't make any predictions to that effect.

The 'smaller' Premiership clubs like ICT, Ross County, Hamilton, Partick and St Johnstone deserve enormous credit for what they have achieved. They are where they are on merit and good luck to them.

From time to time, amongst witty banter, simple insult, loony prejudice and trolling, a bit of sense falls in. This post is one such.gem of wisdom. Congrats Granny. Far be it from a Dee to praise you where usually it's general slagging, but I, fwiw, agree completely with your post.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Total nonsense. They are better than 8 teams in the championship. You have no clear evidence of anything else. Pipe down.

No evidence other than :

2-0 v Aberdeen or

3-0 v Dundee Utd or

2-1 v St Johnstone or

2-2 then 1-0 v Hearts

????????????????

How about you pipe down wee sacks!

Ross County are a former non-league team from a small village, who have become a competitive top-flight team and reached 2 cup finals, twice beating the biggest club in the country on the way.

Is there anywhere apart from Scotland where they would be held up as indicative of all that is wrong with the sport?

Ross County are a former non-league team from a small village, who have become a competitive top-flight team and reached 2 cup finals, twice beating the biggest club in the country on the way.

Is there anywhere apart from Scotland where they would be held up as indicative of all that is wrong with the sport?

Probably Man Utd getting pumped off a bunch of fishermen tonight.

Also, Alan Stubbs is a slavering moron of a man. Barely a day goes by without him bleeting about how Scottish football 'needs' his club in the top flight.

If they can't beat Rangers to the title, I'll savour their inevitable bottle job in the play-offs.

I really, really like this post.

More, please.

No evidence other than :

2-0 v Aberdeen or

3-0 v Dundee Utd or

2-1 v St Johnstone or

2-2 then 1-0 v Hearts

Comparing one-off cup games with the long haul of the league is irrelevant. Hibs may do well if they come up but because they will have played well over 38 matches not over one match.

The standard response from the fan of a Championship club 'Look! We beat ye in the cup two waaaan! We must be as good as ye!'

Falkirk fans had us as relegation certainties this term after they adopted a shoot on site policy in the cup final and ended up having more shots than us because of it. And we still beat them with 10 men of course.

No evidence other than :

2-0 v Aberdeen or

3-0 v Dundee Utd or

2-1 v St Johnstone or

2-2 then 1-0 v Hearts

Not league games. One off cup games. Therefore Dundee United must be better than thistle. Clearly not as we pumped em rotten in the league and are 14 points ahead with 2 games in hand.

Until Rangers and Hibs can prove over a season that they are good enough to be at the top of the premiership rather than the championship you have no evidence. I suspect inly one of them will get promoted this year. Happy to see how this pans out for you.

We are a Premiership size side with Premiership players and have pumped a host of top flight sides. We have no define right to play in the top league until we secure promotion.

1. Correct

2. A side or direction, opposite of left

3. An entitlement

Archived