"Premiership teams stuck in the Championship"

No-one wants to be relegated but seems to have been good for Hearts & Hibs.

I'm not sure about Hibs - but I'm sure that getting rid of shysters from the board room and their huge debt has been good for Hearts more than relegation was...

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No-one wants to be relegated but seems to have been good for Hearts & Hibs.

Will only be good for Hibs if they come back up this season IMO. A 3rd season of lower income from gates, sponsorship, prize money etc won't help them. Though the cup runs will help a bit obviously.

And I don't think commentators are saying Hibs, Rangers, Hearts, United etc deserve/d to be in the top league. They're making the point that these clubs should always be Premiership clubs. Which is true, it takes a serious f**k up from the clubs for them not to be.

Definitely a stupid point to make on the grounds of it being fucking obvious but it's surely not something worth getting too concerned about.

If not they stop just short of saying so. They still roll out the pish that we 'need' them.

Incidentally a 12 team topflight based on average attendance figures would still have County and Partick Thistle in it.

So back to the drawing board on that one, Scottish sporting media.

Ridiculous. Only very selective history is used when applying the crowd criteria. That's why, despite having larger crowds than us (and more home fans who attend games), we can be considered a 'bigger' club since we used to get large crowds in the 80s and 90s.

Also, Alan Stubbs is a slavering moron of a man. Barely a day goes by without him bleeting about how Scottish football 'needs' his club in the top flight.

If they can't beat Rangers to the title, I'll savour their inevitable bottle job in the play-offs.

I saw him on SSN saying Hibs were "in the home run" of the league and cups.

Football people are funny when they talk.

I love the hypocracy of these same journos who slaver at the mouth about UEFA's plans to turn European competitions into a elitist invitation only clique thus expelling our "big clubs" from the top table but then (often on the same page) they trot out phrases like "big clubs stuck in the championship". Thing is these guys are too thick (or blinkered / biased) to even see the juxta stance they are adopting.

If not they stop just short of saying so. They still roll out the pish that we 'need' them.

Ridiculous. Only very selective history is used when applying the crowd criteria. That's why, despite having larger crowds than us (and more home fans who attend games), we can be considered a 'bigger' club since we used to get large crowds in the 80s and 90s.

^^scrambling for relevance

Apparently Keith Jackson was heard complaining after the cup final that twenty years ago Brian Laudrup was man of the match in the final whereas last season the winner was scored by an ex-Kiddiminster player.

Do you not like this Keith? Does it upset you Keith? Are you sad Keith?

turned-on.gif

You were losing me at "very selective history", but what do the 80s and 90s have to do with anything.

Quite frankly, it should be a 10 team top league, including this lot until a team in the lower league consistently outperforms one of these in attendances over a five year period.

Celtic

Rangers

Hearts

Hibernian

Aberdeen

Dundee United

Dundee

Kilmarnock

Partick Thistle

Motherwell

It's the only way!

Quite frankly, it should be a 10 team top league, including this lot until a team in the lower league consistently outperforms one of these in attendances over a five year period.

Celtic

Rangers

Hearts

Hibernian

Aberdeen

Dundee United

Dundee

Kilmarnock

Partick Thistle

Motherwell

It's the only way!

You jest of course, but I think there's hacks who genuinely believe this.

And Falkirk fans. They love wanking over attendances.

You jest of course, but I think there's hacks who genuinely believe this.

Like the SFA & SPFL most hacks believe in -

Premiership

Rangers/Celtic

Championship

Diddy shit. Who gives a f**k.

Also, Alan Stubbs is a slavering moron of a man. Barely a day goes by without him bleeting about how Scottish football 'needs' his club in the top flight.

If they can't beat Rangers to the title, I'll savour their inevitable bottle job in the play-offs.

What a load of shite ????

Provide links to these bleating statements ....Stubbs has been misquoted about a few things this season in the press..but this post reeks of green eyed monster.

Football is about performances. If you don't do it on the pitch you get relegated and rightly so.

It doesn't matter if that's a result of board decisions, managerial ineptitude or shite player performances or a combination of all three.

In terms of crowds, and therefore income, United is the sixth biggest team in Scotland but we don't deserve any pity or any special treatment. We deserve to be where we are.

I'd like to think that we will get back up in one or two seasons but I certainly won't make any predictions to that effect.

The 'smaller' Premiership clubs like ICT, Ross County, Hamilton, Partick and St Johnstone deserve enormous credit for what they have achieved. They are where they are on merit and good luck to them.

Archived