Strange things you've lent someone

markeeey

What's the oddest item you've ever had to lend someone?

On Monday I had a couple of electricians at my place fixing some new wall heaters. They were two young guys and both left their trainers in the hall and were working in their socks but one of them kicked over a mug of tea whilst he was working, spilling it all over his feet. Fortunately it wasn't hot enough to hurt him but I had to lend him a sock. He wouldn't take the pair, just the one and incredibly ... he came back today to return it. Yes, to return ONE sock!!!

Ever had any strange lending experiences?

Many many years ago I lived next door to Teddy Sheringham (before he was proper famous -was young and played wae Millwall at the time) lent him a pint of milk. - and he never returned it. !!!

post-7178-14557483905453_thumb.jpg

Actually, Shiela next door still has my Prince Albert come to think of it.

Well, she'd better let him out before he suffocates, then!

Bollocks. That one didn't work out so well, Moz. No offence, but I think your delivery's a bit off at the moment.

I presume the bloke will be buying Throbber a replacement at some point, making it a loan. Small claims court if no replacement is forthcoming, naturally.

Would take a brave man to use a random rubber bought by someone with unknown motives, however.

Are you my wife?

(I'll see you at Links Park later)

Sadly not, despite my best efforts, but a gal can dream.

I'll pass on the message anyway.

Throbs, it is only a loan if there is an intention to give it back.

So, what state was it in and did you still trust it?

I didn't get it back, the trust would have been based upon whether the chain oil was internal or external.

Archived