St. Johnstone v Motherwell

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^ 'Copy and pasted' from WeArePerth. I don't like singling out players for criticism on WeArePerth. I'll do it on here though. It saddens me to say that Liam Craig was particularly poor. He has always been a limited footballer, but he seems to have lost that spark which he possessed during his first spell at Saints.

ahem.... Chris Millar

Just noticed someone posted that opinion on WAP too. Genuinely thought it was one of his worst performances since he signed, barely found a blue shirt all day. Still brings the average looks up though tbf, what a heartbreaker. :wub:

In terms of passing he was pretty poor, but defensively he adds enough to make up for that, his willingness to take the ball in deep positions helps prevent us just aimlessly hoofing it every single time aswell.

Still frikkin frozen after that, just what the team needed result wise. When the well goal went in i really thought that was it for this team as we had done nothing. But credit where it is due they ground out the result and i would have been happy with the 1-1. There is still that glimmer of that team that can get results that we have not seen of late. As mentioned, if we aint going to spend the MOH money on players lets get a decent surface to play on.

Argument for Connor Ripley as Saints MOTM. Having just watched the goals back in SSN he's made a total hash of both. We'd be demanding Mannus be dropped if he did that!

Yeah Ripley should have had held - or at least stopped - both of those no problem. The Wotherspoon goal was almost right at him.

Very quiet. One moment of quality. Apart from that, he seemed a bit out of his depth until he was taken off. To be fair, most of them seemed out of their depth.

To be fair to the boy, we played hoofball to an isolated MacLean for an hour.

For all his misplaced passes, I think Midge still earns his keep in midfield.

He put in a decent shift in the second half.

Yeah, always think we are much more balanced when he plays.

Glad we went back to a midfield three but the front three didn't threaten enough. Like an above poster suprised Swanson didn't play a part but to be fair Lappin did create the winner. Not sure what the point in Sutton coming on was, I'm struggling to think of the last time he made a meaningful contribution.

I said this morning I'd be happy to shitfest a narrow win, and it is good that the team looked that bit harder to beat today.

I thought Scobbies tackle was a booking, despite it being a crude, cynical cut down. Not sure how Craig avoided a booking for his rugby tackle:lol:

How'd Thompson play?

He was okay, seems to struggle with the pace of the senior game a bit. Struggles to find the right position when attacking and defending too.

Had one good wee burst in the second half but was fairly anonymous beyond that. Needs more game time if hes to improve though.

Archived