Weatherwatch - Wed 17 Feb

HibeeJibee

BSC game off, waterlogged.

After the applaudable pro-active solution of going to Lesser Hampden (plastic, floodlit) on Saturday to get the South Regional Cup fixture played, is that not also an option for other BSC home fixtures? - Lochburn Park has not been usable for weeks now, how much longer until either BSC or Maryhill Juniors can get playing there again...

After the applaudable pro-active solution of going to Lesser Hampden (plastic, floodlit) on Saturday to get the South Regional Cup fixture played, is that not also an option for other BSC home fixtures? - Lochburn Park has not been usable for weeks now, how much longer until either BSC or Maryhill Juniors can get playing there again...

I read a while back that bsc are trying to get their own 3G pitch at Victoria park. I don't know Glasgow too well but I think that's less the half a mile away from scotstoun stadium where they are planning on installing a 3G on the main pitch. I'm not sure that Glasgow life and sport Scotland would foot the bill for 2 facility's close by. Maybe a ground share with the rugby club now would be workable as it would keep them in their area?

Lesser Hampden is not a licensed ground at the moment, so that is not an option.

With regards to Lochburn, you are correct in saying that it has not been usable. However, better grounds have been called off several times (including senior grounds)such has been the incessant rain in the last few months.

the credibility of the league? as compared to what? the juniors??! at least we can have midweek fixtures under lights (sorry I was forgetting myself. I actually meant to type THE DEVIL'S ILLUMINATION) in February.

Given the weather it's perhaps lucky for the SFL that so many grounds now have artificial surfaces or there might be a logjam there as well.

Archived