Morton vs Falkirk

No Mcgrandles feet are on the deck. He is not tackling with a foot at the angle that McKee is . You can see that clearly from the picture. Whilst I agree that I don't think there was any intent to injure its a bad tackle and in todays game you don't have to have intent to get sent off I'm afraid. If you slide in with studs showing with your foot off the deck at that angle and catch a players leg I'm afraid there's only one outcome. If it had been the other way round I'dve fully accepted a red card for mcgrandles.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a 50/50.

New rule in football.

If a ball is 50/50 feel free to go in studs showing and out of control.

Cannot believe Morton fans are still defending the incident.

Maybe the kind of tackles you guys are used too down in that league you spend a lot of time but up here we prefer our tackles a lot more fair.

New rule in football.

Maybe the kind of tackles you guys are used too down in that league you spend a lot of time but up here we prefer our tackles a lot more fair.

Nobody's defending it, mate. There's only been one post from a Morton fan making any comment on the incident since the photo was posted and he only, and rightly, points out that it was a 50-50 ball and there was no intention to injure McGrandles. That's hardly defending it, it's stating the bleeding obvious.

It was a tackle that looks to have been poorly executed and it obviously went badly wrong and could've been a red card if the ref had a different angle on it, but it seems like the only thing that'll keep you happy is to have folk saying that McKee went in intending to break the guy's leg. That wasn't the case.

Nobody's defending it, mate. There's only been one post from a Morton fan making any comment on the incident since the photo was posted and he only, and rightly, points out that it was a 50-50 ball and there was no intention to injure McGrandles. That's hardly defending it, it's stating the bleeding obvious.

It was a tackle that looks to have been poorly executed and it obviously went badly wrong and could've been a red card if the ref had a different angle on it, but it seems like the only thing that'll keep you happy is to have folk saying that McKee went in intending to break the guy's leg. That wasn't the case.

Who are you kidding? Nothing makes him happier than having a sense of injustice and something to have a good greet about. He'll have walked out of Cappielow thinking that he had something to fill his boots with for a good couple of weeks.

It's the way it is with that drama queen.

Who are you kidding? Nothing makes him happier than having a sense of injustice and something to have a good greet about. He'll have walked out of Cappielow thinking that he had something to fill his boots with for a good couple of weeks.

It's the way it is with that drama queen.

Aye, fair point. i think I mistook him for a sensible poster for a minute or two there.

New rule in football.

Can't believe you're still greeting about it.

It was an unfortunate accident & we wish the boy a speedy recovery.

Strangely timed post after the game tonight. Never been more proud and Joe McKee left Hibs in tatters tonight as well. :king

Hmmm. You might want to reconsider the second half of that sentence in the cold light of day

Hmmm. You might want to reconsider the second half of that sentence in the cold light of day

EVERYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE CLUB MUST FEEL DEEP, PERSONAL SHAME.

Archived