What is happening at Townhead park Cumnock?

sweep

This is what happens when you listen to ill- informed people who are supposed to be " Cumnock minded" and start spouting information from " good sources"

The original request was for 12 weeks and considering the hold up to change the original flood prevention measures to a more " crowd friendly " option and also considering the hellish weather, I don't think the project will be massively behind schedule at completion

As to when work will start, I cannot actually say. It may have already recommenced , for all I know, as I have work to do and other things to attend to which stop me from going to the park every day to look for things to moan about and to gaze longingly at piles of dirt etc

The job will be finished when it is finished and no amount of moaning will change that.

Suffice to say, if my info is correct, the next 3-4 weeks ( weather permitting) will see massive strides forward in the project, but, as always, that is subject to change due to many reasons

You claim the project won't be far behind schedule.

Why then, is Cumnock not looking to balance up their games by getting more away fixtures so that they will have some games left to play when the new sooper-dooper plastic carpet has been laid?

So far in the league Cumnock have played 6 home games and only 3 away. This Saturday they are away but the next Saturday sees them back at Rosebank. Which still leaves them with more home games played and if they go ahead they would have only 6 home games left and 9 away.

Surely they could ask for 2 or 3 away to balance things up a bit.

This would take the pressure off the pitch at Rosebank and give Sweep a chance to get some repairs done.

It would also help Cumnock out later on with improved revenue from some home games at Townhead.

Or is there something going on that we are not being told about?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why then, is Cumnock not looking to balance up their games by getting more away fixtures so that they will have some games left to play when the new sooper-dooper plastic carpet has been laid?

So far in the league Cumnock have played 6 home games and only 3 away. This Saturday they are away but the next Saturday sees them back at Rosebank. Which still leaves them with more home games played and if they go ahead they would have only 6 home games left and 9 away.

This would take the pressure off the pitch at Rosebank and give Sweep a chance to get some repairs done.

It would also help Cumnock out later on with improved revenue from some home games at Townhead.

So your asking for the fixtures guy to help a team out and show favouritism hmmmmmmm

Doubt that would happen

You're so wrapped up in trying to present some kind of conspiracy theory that you haven't thought that through.

Why would the league agree to any kind of dispensation when the club have agreed a temporary home. What would the other clubs say when one of the promotion favourites have a heavy laden proportion of home games in the title run in?

Talk sense.

I'm sure both parties are hoping for the park at Townhead to be up and running ASAP. Cumnock due to finances - as the support at Lugar has decreased by a considerable amount and Lugar due to the pitch condition. Despite being unbeaten at Lugar I'm also sure the players and coaching staff will be looking forward to the return also. It's unfortunate about the delays but these things happen with sizeable projects.

You're so wrapped up in trying to present some kind of conspiracy theory that you haven't thought that through.

Why would the league agree to any kind of dispensation when the club have agreed a temporary home. What would the other clubs say when one of the promotion favourites have a heavy laden proportion of home games in the title run in?

Talk sense.

Try reading it again with your brain engaged this time.

I never mentioned a conspiracy.

I never asked for preferential treatment for Cumnock.

I only asked for the away games to be balanced with the home games. That way Cumnock will have SOME home games to look forward to at Townhead when it is ready not ALL.

Favouritism?

What favouritism and to whom?

In the past, Cumnock Juniors, along with many other clubs, have attempted to get Mr Robertson to " do us a favour" by scheduling games to suit particular events etc, which seemingly always ended up being the opposite to what you wanted.

If you think that you can " request" fixtures a certain way, it proves you haven't a clue about what " actually" happens in junior football

• 1 month later...

Only joking poolwizard. Appreciate it takes a lot of work, effort and cost. Be a great facility once its finished. Add that to the great wee social club you've got...Cumnock should be on the up for next season. Need to get promoted first. Think yourselves and Largs are favourites. Kilwinning are, imo, the best football team but all about results. The Scottish will have a big bearing on their season.

Only joking poolwizard. Appreciate it takes a lot of work, effort and cost. Be a great facility once its finished. Add that to the great wee social club you've got...Cumnock should be on the up for next season. Need to get promoted first. Think yourselves and Largs are favourites. Kilwinning are, imo, the best football team but all about results. The Scottish will have a big bearing on their season.

Expect to see Cumnock back in the premier next season along with Largs & Buffs(sorry to my Bankie friends). Always enjoy going to Cumnock & although not a fan of the surface I can fully understand why they have done it.

Take it this be ready for the new season then?

theres a date of the middle of may for cumnock juniors to be able to get in to play games, and then the beginning of june for the opening fully of the park

obviously for our near neighbours that depends on weather and all other stuff out of our control.

That was an easy hook lol

i could just ignore you lot and leave you all to talk/grunt amongst your brothers and sisters or was it wifes and girlfriends

Archived