(Second) East Fife verus Binos (Third)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

East Fife fans need to move on. Clearly still hurting from the play-offs defeat at our hands. Enjoy the moment, sure but it's obvious there's some exaggerated facts here. Yes, the better team and worth the win, let's leave it at that.

Still a lot of points to he won and lost.

Can't believe that some SA fans are on here calling Nathan Austin a diving cheat after the punishment he took today. At least 3times he was taken out by tackles that are illegal in the egg shaped ball game. The one in the first half, where managed to throw himself sideways about 5 yards

Yes, were top of the league and it feels good! But I'm not getting carried away. We take one game at a time and approach it the same way we've approached the last 7. Big praise to Gary, I've always stuck by him through thick and thin and will continue to do so. He's got the making of a great manager. Mon the Fife

Possibly the most pleasing aspect of the afternoon's performance was the reaction after Kev's opener. At no point did we decide to sit on the lead, the sign of a side high on confidence. One game at a time (Sweet Jesus) though...

Overall you deserved to win today and to go top but if you hope to remain their until the end of the season then you will have to improve a lot to gain promotion imo.

Eh? We've gone from 5th to 1st since the beginning of January by winning 6 and drawing 1 of the last 7 games. Clearly it's still a tight league and there's a good few teams in with a chance but it's pretty obvious that if we play like we have in the last 7 games for the next 10 it's going to take a hell of an effort from someone to stop us.

The idea that we're still bitter about the play-offs 2 years ago is laughable. We deserved to be relegated that season, I don't think you'll find any East Fife supporter who disagrees with that. If we'd managed to stay up, there's s decent chance we'd have done exactly what SA did and come straight down. 2 years on and we're a better team, in a better position than Stirling. What's there to be bitter about?

Utter Rubbish "gulf in class" my arse," if it wasn`t for the goalkeeper smith it could have been a cricket score" You talk a lot of pish, first half their wasn`t much between the teams with East Fife having the best chances to score but did not.

Second half East Fife were the better team and deserved to go ahead and yes we were poor in the second half with only 1 shot from Phil Johnston if I remember correctly which your keeper managed to tip over. "The ref very lenient to Albion, another ref might have issued 3 red cards for blatant fouls" Again I would have to disagree entirely with your comments. 3 Red Cards you must be joking, for blatant fouls. You clearly were wearing Special East Fife Glasses to miss the number of bad fouls that the referee let go against East Fife players which did not even rate a booking from that clown of a referee today.

Overall you deserved to win today and to go top but if you hope to remain their until the end of the season then you will have to improve a lot to gain promotion imo. Enjoy it while you can is all that I say.

Eh? We've gone from 5th to 1st since the beginning of January by winning 6 and drawing 1 of the last 7 games. Clearly it's still a tight league and there's a good few teams in with a chance but it's pretty obvious that if we play like we have in the last 7 games for the next 10 it's going to take a hell of an effort from someone to stop us.

The idea that we're still bitter about the play-offs 2 years ago is laughable. We deserved to be relegated that season, I don't think you'll find any East Fife supporter who disagrees with that. If we'd managed to stay up, there's s decent chance we'd have done exactly what SA did and come straight down. 2 years on and we're a better team, in a better position than Stirling. What's there to be bitter about?

Fairly obvious there`s only one team bitter here.

Travelled to Methil on the bus was was refused entry with my guitar so I went to the pub instead. £13 is way over priced anyway so spent half of that in the pub instead.

Didn't hear anyone on the bus going home complain that we deserved anything from the game.

Sneaked in for the last three minutes after they opened the gates and still saw Austin making one of his customary dives.

In reply to a comment above, Stirling keeper "admitted" he made contact with Austin in a game at Forthnank and Austin got booked for diving - there is a big difference between that and the suggestion that he was wrongly booked for diving. He had a deserved reputation for diving is amply demonstrated by at least three bookings for it against the Albion in the last 6/7 games that I can remember (one of them was the playoffs)

I remember Paul McGrillen playing for Stirling and diving in one of his early games for us. He got absolutely roasted from the Albion fans and largely cut it out of his game for us.

Travelled to Methil on the bus was was refused entry with my guitar so I went to the pub instead. £13 is way over priced anyway so spent half of that in the pub instead.

Didn't hear anyone on the bus going home complain that we deserved anything from the game.

Sneaked in for the last three minutes after they opened the gates and still saw Austin making one of his customary dives.

In reply to a comment above, Stirling keeper "admitted" he made contact with Austin in a game at Forthnank and Austin got booked for diving - there is a big difference between that and the suggestion that he was wrongly booked for diving. He had a deserved reputation for diving is amply demonstrated by at least three bookings for it against the Albion in the last 6/7 games that I can remember (one of them was the playoffs)

I remember Paul McGrillen playing for Stirling and diving in one of his early games for us. He got absolutely roasted from the Albion fans and largely cut it out of his game for us.

Why are you taking a guitar to a football game anyway?

Think it's back to the drawing board for McLaren and, although I support him as manager, some of his selections and decisions are questionable. I also think some of the players just aren't cutting it at the moment, yet seem to remain untouchable.

It worries me that Lamont seems to be the only person capable of making something happen, not so much yesterday but in general. His ball's into the box are a dream, but he's the only player capable of doing it, yet gets hooked after 70 minutes most weeks. We've seriously lacked creativity for most of the season and still do..

Frustrating Saturday, well done to East Fife for their win, had it not been for Chris Smith then it could of been a heavy one.

Every team dips in form at this level, but if they keep this up then there is no reason why they can't go all the way.

Clearly taking your busking game to a whole new level pal

Archived