Clyde v Berwick

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At half time, we could easily have been about 3 or 4 but, by the end of the game, we were holding on by the skin of our teeth.

The midfield went missing in the second half, Gormley missed an absolute sitter to make it 3-0 and then, Berwick went down the park and scored, albeit, after two great saves by Waters.

Gemmell, as expected, was a #beast and Waters also had a good game - gives Barry a decision to make on Tuesday night. Higgins, Gormley and Millen were the negative points for me (although, all three were passable in the first half IMO).

Overall, not good enough for the full 90 minutes but, it was a hard-fought win and a welcome three points. A big game on Tuesday where we can hopefully pick up another win.

Same old.

Gemmell,Gunn,Weatherston...how we need a player like one of these. They must love playing us.

I am worried that every game we give away penalties,get red cards,lose buy the odd goal. They say when you are at the bottom these are the things that go against you.It is the lack of luck that might be the undoing of us. Or is it?

What exactly has Coff brought us? His record so far is not good. Not good at all. We are well and truly in the mire...and running out of games.

Gemmell was class. Great signing.

Gormley puts ball in net at 2-0 its game over and rightly so. Fair play to berwick for having a go last 20mins.

We should have been out o sight one point. They maybe feel hard not getting a draw, Strange game just dont know if weather dictated each team dominating different halfs shooting the same way or not....

Foreva n eva

Felt there was little in the game until we scored the penalty. Was very little football being played by either side. Excellent cross from Smith for Gemmell's goal. Gemmell was unlucky with another two chances one rattling the post in the first half and the other good save from the Berwick keeper in the second. He's a much needed goal threat and held the ball up well although his passing was erratic at times.

Confidence was high after the two goals and we dominated the reminder of the first half.

Second half started much the same as the first with both teams resorting to long punts upfield. Berwick didn't look like getting into the game until the double substitution which swung the game in their favour. Walter had a couple of great saves in quick succession and Gormley cleared off the line from a Berwick corner. We broke up field from the corner and Gormley should have made it 3-0 when clear through on goal but didn't even hit the target.

Berwick scored shortly after from outside the box and continued to cut through our midfield far too easily. They were finding plenty of space between our back 3 as we had no pace there either.

I would have brought marsh on for the ineffective Higgins rather than Slane to try and stop Berwick cutting through our midfield.

We ended up hanging on the end when we should have had the game won by then.

Gemmell and Walter played well but Gormley and Higgins were poor and I would be dropping both for the game on Tuesday.

We

Not the best performance but the result was more important today and we got it! Hopefully build on that vs Stirling in midweek.

Gemmill looks like he will be a decent goal threat and played well but what has happened to gormley? Needs rested for a few weeks as he has lost the plot. Continually throwing himself to the ground looking for fouls and missed another sitter today! Even stopped chasing the ball at one point, to claim for a shirt tug, when he could easily have played on.

When we did play football in brief spells we looked good but far too often resort to shelling the ball up the park. Not sure if this is the game plan or just a nervous reaction of the team but it makes dreadful viewing at times.

That was probably our worst performance since the last home game against QP. That said, we were much better than Berwick for an hour before the legs went. Not surprising given that we started with Higgins, McLaughlin (x2), McGovern, Andrews down the centre of the team. I was surprised Marsh wasn't brought on but bringing on Bolo and changing to a back four was the right decision, if a bit late.

You can only imagine where we'd be in the table if we'd had Gemmell since day 1. I don't think he even looked particularly sharp and he could've got himself a hat-trick. I thought Scott McLaughlin was decent for an hour, and the goalkeeper obviously played well. Don't know why he was kicking the ball straight up in the air though.

Millen didn't look comfortable as a wing-back; not convinced he can play there longer term. Similarly, we lose a lot of Linton's best qualities when he's sat a bit deeper. I'm not against a 352 but we really need Durie available for it to work.

Berwick's goal was a cracker. Won't see a better hit ball all season.

Finally, Gormley was absolutely horrible today. Literally his only positive contributions were a couple of good clearances. Most of Berwick's resurgence came from him giving the ball away. Wouldn't be particularly happy to see him or Higgins in the team in midweek.

Felt there was little in the game until we scored the penalty. Was very little football being played by either side. Excellent cross from Smith for Gemmell's goal. Gemmell was unlucky with another two chances one rattling the post in the first half and the other good save from the Berwick keeper in the second. He's a much needed goal threat and held the ball up well although his passing was erratic at times.

Confidence was high after the two goals and we dominated the reminder of the first half.

Second half started much the same as the first with both teams resorting to long punts upfield. Berwick didn't look like getting into the game until the double substitution which swung the game in their favour. Walter had a couple of great saves in quick succession and Gormley cleared off the line from a Berwick corner. We broke up field from the corner and Gormley should have made it 3-0 when clear through on goal but didn't even hit the target.

Berwick scored shortly after from outside the box and continued to cut through our midfield far too easily. They were finding plenty of space between our back 3 as we had no pace there either.

I would have brought marsh on for the ineffective Higgins rather than Slane to try and stop Berwick cutting through our midfield.

We ended up hanging on the end when we should have had the game won by then.

Gemmell and Walter played well but Gormley and Higgins were poor and I would be dropping both for the game on Tuesday.

We

Gemmell hit the post , Gormley burst into the box mclaughlin narrowly missed from outside the box before we scored

Gormley missed the chance but his work rate is excellent and he cleared one off the line

Scott mclaughlin disappeared second half played well first half

thought big marko was poor today

last 20 minutes we dropped out of game but think there were good signs millen first half was excellent

gemmell is a class above this league

credit Berwick first half they were dreadful smashing goal they scored and last twenty minutes they will consider themselves unlucky not to get a draw

that said if Gormley scores at 2 0 then game is over

Archived