Brands that won't take off in Scotland

Hillonearth

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always found the Germans on holiday totally sound and its been our southern neighbours who have been the bedstealers and general arseholes

Yip...me too. I do find that the English tend to punt their shortcomings on others to mock them....poor in buying rounds (Scots are mean), petty racism (Americans), lazy (Italians / French)....but then that will sound racist in itself. Although some of my best friends are English.,....................

On the bedstealing thing.....I was in Portugal and fed up with people putting their towels on the best sunbeds the night before. Came home a wee bit bevvd up and decided to take all the towels and hide them. Despite the hour, there's a guy sitting on his balcony with a wee drinkie watching me. I didn't have my specs on and could see feck all, so couldn't make him out, but he did raise his glass to me. Didn't go to the pool for the next couple of days, but watched with glee from behind the curtains as my fellow guests (not a German amongst them) raged at my drunken japery.

I was in a supermarket in Lanzarote a few years back and en route to the beers & wines I wandered down an aisle full of tins and cans imported for the German holiday contingent.

There was this sizeable jar full of revolting-looking big pink hot-dog type sausages that were simply labelled "Knacker".

Gave me the dry boak just looking at it.

Archived