Worst TV Pundits/Commentators

thelocalcat

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

Clive Tyldesley. I reckon most English commentators either don't remember or don't care that their pro-England bias is being broadcast to all of the UK. Tyldesley actively revels in it.

If Scotland, Wales and NI ever made it to a tournament while England didn't, I'm pretty sure he'd top himself to avoid having to commentate on it.

Can't remember who the commentators were back then, but World Cup 94 was alternately depressing and hilarious for the number of times per match they'd shoehorn in a glum reference to England. The funniest were the sour "England would piss all over both of these teams, FIFA really need to rethink the allocation of places" comments.

I don't remember anything like as much of that at Euro 2008, so maybe times have changed.

Edit: that might be the world cup when England cap John Fashanu decided he was Nigerian, spent the entire tournament referring to the Nigerians as 'we', and continually referred to the players (who he'd likely never met) by their first names. Plenty of heads gone going around that year.

Ian Wright is worse than some random moron off the street.

Literally, ch5 let fans make comments after matches and they are more interesting and relevant than the shite he comes up with after hours of preparation and getting it spoonfed to him.

After John Terry's nodded brace, Wright described JT as "one of the best headerers in the Premier League".

"I feel like I am just there as a comedy jester to break the ice with Alan Shearer and Alan Hansen, who just do run-of-the-mill things. I can't do that any more. People want something different."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/636998/motd-ian-wright-wilf-zaha-danger-mouse-funny-video-premier-league-highlights#t=28s

£50K a year for this pish.

Alan Green - Not just as a commentator, generally a detestable, self-absorbed horror.

Clive Tyldsley - Have an iota of self-awareness, Clive, you rancid, rat fucking arse evacuation.

Paul Merson - Not sure he counts as either but his 'displays' on SSN are embarrassing, a stumbling, shambling drunk.

Robbie Savage - As with Alan Green, an utter c**t in and out of the studio.

Chris Sutton - Everyone loves him now he slags off Rangers and winds people up, but he's an idiot and will now say anything to be controversial.

24 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Alan Green - Not just as a commentator, generally a detestable, self-absorbed horror.

Clive Tyldsley - Have an iota of self-awareness, Clive, you rancid, rat fucking arse evacuation.

Paul Merson - Not sure he counts as either but his 'displays' on SSN are embarrassing, a stumbling, shambling drunk.

Robbie Savage - As with Alan Green, an utter c**t in and out of the studio.

Chris Sutton - Everyone loves him now he slags off Rangers and winds people up, but he's an idiot and will now say anything to be controversial.

He's an absolute fucking idiot. How he has had a gig on SS for so long is mind boggling. Always keep thinking of this when I see his name mentioned. Fucking moron.

Jamie Redknapp - Nothing more than a Sky Sports yes man, seems too squeaky clean to be true but i genuinely believe he is quite a sinister an unpleasant character behind the scenes. Quite likely  a misogynist and a racist, a definite Brexiteer and UKIP supporter. 

Jamie Carragher - Similar to Redknapp in being a yes man for Sky Sports, he was unable to even pretend to be happy that Leicester had won the Premiership as it damaged the reputation of the so called best league in the world and just seems like a generally unpleasant man who has a horrible accent,

Mark Lawrenson - Dreadful human being, so negative and such a sneering unpleasant p***k about everything outside of English football. 

Robbie Savage - I think that Merson gets away with being a clueless idiot as he is a bit more likeable and has a team around him that can compliment him a bit but Savage is just so bad that he brings everyone else down with him. He shouts over people who are disagreeing with him and is just generally thick as f**k, he wasn't even anywhere near a good enough player to have the right to be a pundit.

Ian Wright - Just a generally irritating man who's only there for a paycheque and a bit of time with his mates, doesn't give any reasonable input to anything and just seems completely stupid. 

In no particular order;

Andy Walker

Stuart McCall

Terry Butcher

Charlie Nicholas

Feel like I have to include Liam McLeod now, very bored of the same pish from him in every game he's done for a while. Though to be fair to him, he normally does a fair bit of research for every team he commentates on.

And any c**t who only gives a f**k about the Old Firm

7 hours ago, RiG said:

He's an absolute fucking idiot. How he has had a gig on SS for so long is mind boggling. Always keep thinking of this when I see his name mentioned. Fucking moron.

That's utterly pathetic. He's one of the biggest wage-thieves in the country. 

Off the top of my head 

1. Liam McLeod - I'd love to strangle him with barbed wire.

2. Jamie Redknapp - Just f**k off you were shit.

3.  Terry Butcher - Cringe fest.

4. Garth Crooks - Stop talking over people nobody likes you.

5. Willie Miller - So fucking  boring. 

Archived