West Region fixtures 27th Feb

Hillonearth

the thing is it will be 7 by Saturday when it didn't have to be, come on at least one Lok fan has been honest enough to say they were surprised to have a game this week.

How are clubs supposed to budget properly with one league game scheduled at home in 20 weeks?

Your own club will no doubt have to go several weeks without a fixture in the next 2 months, surely we can agree it can be done better?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the thing is it will be 7 by Saturday when it didn't have to be, come on at least one Lok fan has been honest enough to say they were surprised to have a game this week.

How are clubs supposed to budget properly with one league game scheduled at home in 20 weeks?

Your own club will no doubt have to go several weeks without a fixture in the next 2 months, surely we can agree it can be done better?

i have also commented that I don't dispute about us having a free week.

As for doing it better, its hard to say. People looking in at most things in life have opinions of it can be done better, however most of the time its looking at things in isolation - in this case the affect its had on one or two clubs. I have no doubt for the fixtures man, call offs, cup replays, cup competitions running at different stages, (i.e. some teams played second round matches but some still to play), teams being still in all cups, makes a task difficult.

What i absolutely do not buy into is the idea of corruption etc that has been posted on this board over the last few days.

Well they bloody well should read it!

Wise up ffs if you don't the shafting will continue.

This seems like a threat sir

I will no longer converse with you as I believe you to be an official in either the west fa or sjfa . If I had 100% proof I would be taking this further

I know a lot of the posters on here & they will confirm I am only a fan of my club but I'm pretty sure an official is most defiantly NOT allowed to post in a public forum

Spot on Sir.

If the top men at Kilbirnie are not sitting reading all this with head in hands then they should be.

haha. Aye the top men at kilbirnie are sat going. " those bloody fans of us and there having an opinion has to stop." Get a grip ffs. We as fans are a wee bit bored having free weeks in middle of an important part of our season. Whit you can't see about that frankly leaves me astounded. The thing is its no just us. We just happen to be moaning fuckers who wanna be at the fitba on a sat no waiting till may to pay 3 times a week. I personally travel from edinburgh to watch my team every week so 3 times a week is gonna f**k me over. Surely me wanting a sat game as its perfectly viable to have one isn't much to ask

Well they bloody well should read it!

Totally pointless keeping things 'in house ' when fans are on here undoing any good work giving the club a reputation of being moaning faced gits.

This is junior football covering tracks saying i am not on a committee and don't speak for the club doesn't wash especially when it's obvious you are very close to things at a club.

Wise up ffs if you don't the shafting will continue.

Covering tracks ahahaha whit you on about ?

I'm pretty sure an official is most defiantly NOT allowed to post in a public forum

I am sure they are for example Lugars previous chairman who kept us up to date with West / Ayrshire / Central draws when he got home from meetings. But people don't want to post as will just get sometimes unwarranted criticism for giving an insight into decisions.

The fixture man does his best but it isn't helped by Junior Cup played through winter months and two regional cups in West (Ayrshire/Ardagh, Central Cup/Sectional).

There needs to be changes put forward and implemented by clubs in West to help the fixtures run better.

I am aure they are for example Lugars previous chairman who kept us up to date with West / Ayrshire / Central draws when he got home from meetings. But people don't want to post as will just get sometimes unwarranted criticism for giving an insight into decisions.

The fixture man does his best but it isn't helped by Junior Cup played through winter months and two regional cups in West (Ayrshire/Ardagh, Central Cup/Sectional).

Agree with the Junior cup part of that there is no doubt but that's an discussion for another day

But if this person is who I think he is basically threatening a club by saying they will continue to get shafted due to their fans having an opinion & that is not on

I am sure they are for example Lugars previous chairman who kept us up to date with West / Ayrshire / Central draws when he got home from meetings. But people don't want to post as will just get sometimes unwarranted criticism for giving an insight into decisions.

There needs to be changes put forward and implemented by clubs in West to help the fixtures run better.

And folk that are no on committees get criticism on here haha

Scottish has to cease being played through winter and ardagh has to go but even if clubs were to vote for that to happen...its no guarantee it will happen..

Can honestly see a day in the not too distant future where the bigger clubs just say f**k it & walk away either to join the lowland league or go their own way

The clubs are professional in all but name but are in a league set up where they don't know who they are playing from 1 week to the next or can go over 3 months without a home league fixture

Personally I wouldn't want to see this but if this continues in the same vain then they will get fed up with it . Mark my words

My biggest gripe is that he doesn't give us much In the way of a fixture chart at all.

Yet during the dreadful weather when the scottish cup kicks In he gives us two fixtures at times in advance of the Scottish cup game being played while its during bad months.

Surely the worst time to issue fixtures is near scottish cup games being abandoned/replayed??????

I completely agree with the Kilbirnie lad, giving them a free week when they have played least games in league and are still in the Scottish. Anyone with common sense can see his point of view. Totally no logic in giving them a free week unless they have a chance to win the league hampering there chances and fixture piling them at end of season. This could aide the fixture man's club who he supports who may be challenging

HA this is what makes it more ridiculous, thats twice due to pressure from here that fixtures have been changed, now Glenafton have a free week! Remember last season when there were two super league fixtures posted when there were six team free, someone ranted on here and it was changed days later.

I dont envy the guy as nobody could ever get close to getting everything right or keeping even most people happy but it just seems that it takes someone shouting from the rooftops to see the obvious.

Sat 27th fixture list now includes Ladeside v Troon.

And St Rochs v Neilston (rather than Neilston v St Rochs, mentioned further up this thread)

I didn't print off a copy of the 1st version, so am unsure what else has been amended.

The 27th wasn't an issue . It was this weekend . The fixtures were put out in advance of the Cup ties despite the realistic chance of them having to get redone due to replays etc. Only 1 tie was affected which left us with a free week despite the fact we have only played 8 league games .

HA this is what makes it more ridiculous, thats twice due to pressure from here that fixtures have been changed, now Glenafton have a free week! Remember last season when there were two super league fixtures posted when there were six team free, someone ranted on here and it was changed days later.

I dont envy the guy as nobody could ever get close to getting everything right or keeping even most people happy but it just seems that it takes someone shouting from the rooftops to see the obvious.

Which is why fans are voting with their feet, and junior football is dying on it's arse.

Why can youth football leagues have fixtures online from Aug - Apr, yet the juniors can't ?

They can't blame cup games/replays, because youth teams have these too.

I've got to say in fairness to the West Region, the venue for our match against St Roch's wasn't changed because of anything on this thread. It came about after communication and co-operation between the committees of Neilston, St Roch's and the West Region.

With the greatest of respect just because arthurlie are going through a time where numbers are down and interest is as a low point don't tar the whole junior game with this brush.

Many positives many ambitious positive clubs established and new ambitious ones , a growing presence online, some excellent football being played in ever improving facilities, some well known ex pros with lots to offer playing in the grade are some of the positives.

The junior grade has its problems but don't be a total doom and gloom merchant.

The ills that we do have are nothing to do with a fixture list or lack of it.

This thread was about fixtures, and of course some of the ills are because of a lack of a fixture list.

I'll agree to disagree regarding attendances, because if you take your Talbot, Lok, Ladesides out, then the crowds are piss poor.

Ex pros are plying their trade in the juniors ? That's been happening for as long as I can remember, and will do as long as clubs throw money at them.

Archived