QotS vs The Gers

3-0 Rangers. Hoping Nicky Clark starts through the middle, Waghorn's been off the boil for a few weeks now and needs to up his game. Clark might not be technically as good as Waghorn but some of the chances he missed against Alloa Clark would slot away.

Great goal from Nicky last night, but still, he's simply not good enough.

Miller will probably play through the middle with MOH on the right. Or even MOH through the middle and Billy King on the right.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dare I ask who the ref is on Sunday?

Does it matter?

Paddy Power have the following odds for those interested.

A penalty to be award in the match - 21/10 http://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/championship/queen-of-the-south-v-rangers/penalty-in-match

Rangers to score a penalty - 9/2

Queens to score a penalty - 11/1 http://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/championship/queen-of-the-south-v-rangers/to-score-a-penalty

Does it matter?

A penalty to be award in the match - 21/10 http://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/championship/queen-of-the-south-v-rangers/penalty-in-match

Queens to score a penalty - 11/1 http://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/championship/queen-of-the-south-v-rangers/to-score-a-penalty

Bookies know their stuff.

Waggon was so badly injured he managed to.pick himself up and score the pen before going off his first goal in 6 games.

Injured badly enough to be carried around the track. I would be very surprised if he was back for this game. According to Follow Follow we have loaned Raith Rovers Ryan Hardie.

I also agree with the consensus that says lending players within the division is questionable. It was never allowed within the SFL days but has been since the SPFL came into being, though it was only this year that the rule was introduced formally preventing loan players playing against their parent club. Previously it was down to the individual loan agreement to clarify.

As I said, I'm not convinced that players should be loaned between sides in the same division at all.

If that is allowed though, I don't like the idea of the lending club benefiting a club against rivals, but not facing that benefit, themselves. It's almost like they get to field an additional player from their squad, to their advantage.

Yet another means by which the bigger clubs with the bigger squads get to gain.

I don't think that's a good thing, myself.

Waggon was so badly injured he managed to.pick himself up and score the pen before going off his first goal in 6 games.

Aye he's just decided to have a wee rest from it all for several weeks. Not injured at all the malingering big Jessie !!

Does it matter?

9/2 is surely printing money considering they've had 13 penalties this year; 3 against us as well.

I see Martyn Waghornpen is out for up to 6/8 weeks so at least we don't need to be humiliated by that donkey scoring against us :lol:

Ticket sales for Queen's fans close at 4pm each day surely someone could stay back till 6 and let the working man buy a ticket!!

The working man can buy a ticket on matchday like he does every other week. Or he can pop in at lunchtime.

Expecially for you Supersouth (well, no actually, in case it helps anyone out) I have managed to arrange to open up for an hour tomorrow 11:30 - 12:30 if anyone desperately wants a ticket, hasn't been able to get in all week and doesn't want to wait to Sunday for it. It will be closing at 12:30 sharp though as it's my kids birthday party so I have to go.

Expecially for you Supersouth (well, no actually, in case it helps anyone out) I have managed to arrange to open up for an hour tomorrow 11:30 - 12:30 if anyone desperately wants a ticket, hasn't been able to get in all week and doesn't want to wait to Sunday for it. It will be closing at 12:30 sharp though as it's my kids birthday party so I have to go.

Very good well done.

Good stuff.

Out of interest, why did the club not announce details about ticket sales at the St.Mirren game? Is it just assumed that everybody reads the OS? It wouldn't take much to remind everybody about details of the next match plus when and where tickets will be on sale.

Not having a go, just think they should take every opportunity to advertise matches, especially when it wouldn't cost anything. Take Sky as an example - everybody watching a game probably knows what the next ones on will be, or where to find out, but it doesn't stop them mentioning them anyway.

Good stuff.

Out of interest, why did the club not announce details about ticket sales at the St.Mirren game? Is it just assumed that everybody reads the OS? It wouldn't take much to remind everybody about details of the next match plus when and where tickets will be on sale.

Not having a go, just think they should take every opportunity to advertise matches, especially when it wouldn't cost anything. Take Sky as an example - everybody watching a game probably knows what the next ones on will be, or where to find out, but it doesn't stop them mentioning them anyway.

I dont think Ive ever heard an announcement about our next home game during a game. Its definitely something Ive heard at other grounds though

Good stuff.

I'll take the blame for that one. It did occur to me on Saturday evening that I should have given ticket sale arrangements to Alex to announce but by then I'd missed the boat. I do think nearly everyone will have access to the OS or speak regularly to someone who does, certainly if they are interested in finding out when and where they can buy tickets in advance. However, it couldn't possibly have hurt to announce it at the game also. I just never thought about it until later. Too much else to do. It's a fair cop though.

I don't why folk are getting their knickers in a twist about tickets anyway in all honesty. The novelty of playing The Rangers wore off a long time ago, that and the game being televised makes me think we'll be lucky if there are 2500 folk in the home end on Sunday. It never occurred to me to buy tickets before Sunday.

I don't why folk are getting their knickers in a twist about tickets anyway in all honesty. The novelty of playing The Rangers wore off a long time ago, that and the game being televised makes me think we'll be lucky if there are 2500 folk in the home end on Sunday. It never occurred to me to buy tickets before Sunday.

I don't think generally they have got their knickers in a twist (there is always the odd exception though). The advance ticket sales this week have been busier than I thought they would be but the days when we used to get 20 or 30 phone calls a day for the fortnight before ticket sales arrangements were announced, asking when people could get them, appear to be long gone. We had about 3 or 4 enquiries in total before we announced this one and there was no need for a special sales day ahead of general sales.

Rangers games at Palmerston are no longer a novelty as you say. After Sunday we'll have had 5 home games with them in 15 months (and another one the previous September). It's been an adventure and presuming they go up as seems likely this time (and we don't!), we'll miss a fair chunk of gate receipts as a club, but I can't say I'll miss having to deal with the hassle of properly ticketed games. If they win the league without the need to be involved in the playoffs then we probably won't have them back here any time soon.

Certainly if you are a terracing attender then the only minor advantage in buying a ticket in advance of the game day is to save queueing on the day. We're not going to run out of tickets so there are no worries on that front. If you want a seat, and particularly if you want a specific seat there is a benefit in getting your ticket sorted out before the day though.

I just think it should be routine to announce the next home game and to mention ticketing arrangements when they are different from normal. It might not do any good, but certainly won't do any harm and it costs nothing.

Appreciate SD explaining what happened on Saturday.

Waghorn is without a doubt sevcos main threat. Miller is pretty much finished so if queens are organised and defend properly this should be tight.

Not sure about that, Waghorn was absolutely pish against us last week. The introduction of Miller on the other hand gave The Rangers a lift when they seemed to be running out of ideas. He is still a good option for Rangers.

There was a lot of lazy media analysis on the Alloa - Rangers game last week. Accepted wisdom was that Rangers were terribly unlucky and should have scored loads of goals. In truth they started very well and should have had 2 or 3 in the opening 20 minutes, but then became increasingly clueless. Struggled to break down Alloa and finishing very poor when they did. Loads of set pieces which they did nothing with. At the other end they were very unconvincing in defending Alloa's few set pieces. Plenty of hope there for QoS.

Archived