Queen's Park v East Stirlingshire

Neither set of fans seem to have much passion for this fixture today. Queen's season is almost a rerun of last year; mixed first quarter followed by a strong second quarter as we got our shape together and then just before Xmas we become the draw kings. Tough defence makes us hard to beat and might drag us to the play-offs again but it's a dull day out for those of us who admire quick passing and goals. At the moment I'd settle for a rebound of the goalies arse if it gave us a win.

Shire fans might be grateful for having our woes given the position their favourites hold but at one win apiece this season these two teams are well matched and a smuggled draw is possible for the visitors today. Sincerely hope the beach ball team turn up and bring some distraction to what threatens to be a dull event.

The continued misfortune of Kenny Mackay and James Baty reminds me how fragile a footballer's career is so good luck to all the players today.

Embarassing from our perspective and certainly as bad as anything served up in the grimmest depths of the Broomfield era. Dreadful in defence, anonymous in midfield, hesistant and toothless in attack. Chris Duggan should be embarrassed by that attempt at a dive on the stroke of half-time. He looks slightly overweight, lazy and petulant. Thistle Reserves are welcome to him back if he wants to continue in that manner. Bryan Wharton also put in the worst individual performance since Andy Cole attempted a solo music career.No sure if someone slipped LSD into his pre-match beverage, but you'd think he'd have learned not to let the ball bounce from a long ball by the third occasion that he'd made an absolute Rex Hunt of it. Zero positives.None. We've dropped points this season and been unlucky, but the truth is that we just utterly stunk the place out today.

Great credit to Shire, though. They showed all the traits that we didn't and were clinical with their chances. We looked like the bottom side today. Also,the stewards were an absolute joke. If my eyes didn't deceive me, it looked like the wee guys in the Shire end had an inflatable electric guitar taken from them. Almost certainly prevented another 1980 Hampden Park riot.

Embarassing from our perspective and certainly as bad as anything served up in the grimmest depths of the Broomfield era. Dreadful in defence, anonymous in midfield, hesistant and toothless in attack. Chris Duggan should be embarrassed by that attempt at a dive on the stroke of half-time. He looks slightly overweight, lazy and petulant. Thistle Reserves are welcome to him back if he wants to continue in that manner. Bryan Wharton also put in the worst individual performance since Andy Cole attempted a solo music career.No sure if someone slipped LSD into his pre-match beverage, but you think he'd have learned not to let the ball bounce from a long ball by the third occasion that he'd made an absolute Rex Hunt of it. Zero positives.None. We've dropped points this season and been unlucky, but the truth is that we just utterly stunk the place out today.

Great credit to Shire, though. They showed all the traits that we didn't and were clinical with their chances. We looked like the bottom side today. Also,the stewards were an absolute joke. If my eyes didn't deceive me, it looked like the wee guys in the Shire end had an inflatable electric guitar taken from them. Almost certainly prevented another 1980 Hampden Park riot.

Can only agree with you about the QP team. We'd never seen Wharton play before but nicknamed him "The Nightmare" before the first half had ended as he was so awful.

NOT JUST A WIN . an AWAY WIN :thumsup2T OF THE TABLE AS WELL :)

Were you the fan singing "We're the worst team in the league....but not today"?

Can only agree with you about the QP team. We'd never seen Wharton play before but nicknamed him "The Nightmare" before the first half had ended as he was so awful.

No idea what the score is with Wharton. Three times he allowed the ball to bounce from long balls and twice we lost goals. Last season he'd have been meeting and attacking the ball.

I was the other neutral at the game this afternoon and I just can't believe how bad the home side were.

Brian "Bombscare/Nightmare" Wharton should never lace up a pair of boots again (unless they're walking boots and he walks as far away from a football pitch as possible.)

He was by far the worst of a comedic defence that included a lad (Sean Burns?) that looked like he couldn't control his bladder.

If I was a fan of the home side I'd be disgusted quite frankly.

Heading into the match I expected an easy home win but credit to "The Shire" who looked very impressive.

Thomas Orr looks a real player who didn't give the home defence any peace and some of the football that was played was excellent.

Great result for the Shire today,and off the bottom. Will still be between us and BR,but Montrose could be in the mix. Sadly i think that the stewarts are absolute tossers. Inflatables not allowed,(in case they hurt someone) but a drum is,get a grip and i thought the stewarts at Ochilview were the worst in division 2.

Great result for the Shire today,and off the bottom. Will still be between us and BR,but Montrose could be in the mix. Sadly i think that the stewarts are absolute tossers. Inflatables not allowed,(in case they hurt someone) but a drum is,get a grip and i thought the stewarts at Ochilview were the worst in division 2.

I agree.

I don't know what the stewards were playing at.

I saw a bottle of water getting taken away from someone as well as the inflatable.

Ridiculous behaviour.

If the guy was going to throw his plastic bottle he'd have had to break a record to get it onto the pitch!

8/1 the shire!!! Easy money

Last Saturday at Berwick there was signs of improvement especially in defence and this was confirmed today.

Looks like a system that was brought in to snare the shire might just be catching another victim this year oh and finally the ref today was worse than hopeless!

As far as I can see the stewards were out of order again ,will be writing to club to clarify a few issues with the stewarding ,otherwise well done Shire you deserved your win

I think there was a problem in Queens St with young boys (not shire fans as they never come to home games) letting off smoke bombs which brought the police to the park at half time that's why the young boys never appeared for the second half

Archived