Modern shite patter

Hampden Diehard

13 hours ago, greendot said:

Side hustle is the one that gets me. Congratulations you've got a second job cos your main job doesn't pay enoughvto 'live your best life' as an influencer 🙄

A while back, the press were trying to normalise young people working multiple jobs because they can't make ends meet with just the one.

"Look, they call it a 'side hustle', and they all really love doing it because working all the time is great!"  :rolleyes:

Side hustle is absolutely chronic patter, but I'm quite glad we live in an age where it's easy for people to monetise the hobbies they'd be doing at a loss otherwise.

(I know it's not all like that, but I reckon there's more "I love making Blue Peter-style projects anyway, perhaps I can get a bit of cash for them, or people via the Internet having access to a much bigger market for something they were doing for pals anyway, than accountants scrubbing septic tanks for beer money.)

Folk are doing this of their own volition, it's not like DWP are forcing new mothers to write "Live, Laugh, Love" onto flotsam a hundred times a day before they'll release child benefit money.

Let's just call it something else, though.

48 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

(I know it's not all like that, but I reckon there's more "I love making Blue Peter-style projects anyway, perhaps I can get a bit of cash for them, or people via the Internet having access to a much bigger market for something they were doing for pals anyway, than accountants scrubbing septic tanks for beer money.)

I was thinking more of the people who scrub septic tanks for a living who also have to scrub toilets at the weekends to pay the bills  :P

I was thinking more of the people who scrub septic tanks for a living who also have to scrub toilets at the weekends to pay the bills  [emoji14]
I scrub toilets for a living. Might see if I can get into the septic tank game on my days off.

Just now, DiegoDiego said:

I scrub toilets for a living. Might see if I can get into the septic tank game on my days off.

Good luck. I hear there's a high water mark for entry.

44 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
2 hours ago, BFTD said:
I was thinking more of the people who scrub septic tanks for a living who also have to scrub toilets at the weekends to pay the bills  emoji14.png

On 23/02/2021 at 18:23, Mark Connolly said:

Leaving an open goal here, but "Enjoy your night/weekend/whatever" as a way of shutting someone down someone with whom you disagree.

But Kevin Bridges made a joke about it. 'Member?

• 2 months later...