Modern shite patter

Hampden Diehard

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Raidernation said:

“stan”
WTF does that even mean?

Short for "stauner", isn't it?

People seem to use it when talking about folk they want to shag.

Seeing the phrase “yer da” makes me want to bathe in bleach. The massive irony is that it’s used exclusively by folk who are 99% of the way to becoming that very thing and probably describe their equally bland acquaintances as “legends”.

10 hours ago, Raidernation said:

“stan”
WTF does that even mean?

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

Short for "stauner", isn't it?

People seem to use it when talking about folk they want to shag.

A 'stan' is an unquestioning superfan who will defend anything the person/people they are a fan of, no matter how unreasonable something might be. For example, a stan of a singer accused of harassment will strenuously deny it and try to find fault with the victims, and will be hostile to anyone who has a go at the accused.

It comes from the Eminem song 'Stan'.

Engaged in a debate on twitter the other week (subject was the Woman murdered in London and the subsequent protests) and someone's response was "No". Fair enough, I ask them to expand on it. "Just no."  This response then ended up with about 100 likes from the rainbow/trans/far left twitter world.

Is this woke? Am I a gammon? Was I shutdown?

"Clear" when used to describe how a player is much better than another, presume it's used in other ways aswell. For example, someone says Tierney is better than Robertson and some 17 year old called LFC-03 with Salah as their avatar says "nah mate Robbo is clear". "Football twitter" is absolutely rife with it and people just replying the same thing over and over. Also people saying football/politics/F1/Arsenal twitter to describe people who have ever talked about the subject is absolutely horrendous and needs to be stopped immediately.

3 hours ago, The Golden God said:

"Clear" when used to describe how a player is much better than another, presume it's used in other ways aswell. For example, someone says Tierney is better than Robertson and some 17 year old called LFC-03 with Salah as their avatar says "nah mate Robbo is clear". "Football twitter" is absolutely rife with it and people just replying the same thing over and over. Also people saying football/politics/F1/Arsenal twitter to describe people who have ever talked about the subject is absolutely horrendous and needs to be stopped immediately.

I blame Arsenal fans for that shit. They are some of the worst on social media. 

The "My Manager", "My Left Back", "My Captain" patter is utterly fucking horrendous also. 

• 2 weeks later...

Pre-loved.

Sounds nice, doesn't it? Someone else has loved this in advance to get it ready for you. Aww.

In the real world, those Armani jeans have come straight off a knickerless walk of shame after six months of chronic flatulence. Not quite so romantic.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Pre-loved.

Sounds nice, doesn't it? Someone else has loved this in advance to get it ready for you. Aww.

In the real world, those Armani jeans have come straight off a knickerless walk of shame after six months of chronic flatulence. Not quite so romantic.

Then wash them and stop sniffing them ya wrong 'un.

5 minutes ago, velo army said:

Then wash them and stop sniffing them ya wrong 'un.

Believe me, I didn't fit into any of the women's clothes that I've sold, and working with them would put off the most dedicated of perverts.

Yes, even Throbber.

On 30/03/2021 at 09:37, DA Baracus said:

It comes from the Eminem song 'Stan'.

see I knew the meaning of the phrase but I only heard it recently (in the last year maybe?)  and couldn't believe modern shite patter had come from a 20 year old song. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/04/2021 at 14:32, The Other Foot said:

Am I too late to add the word 'pivot'?

I'm probably too late. I better pivot into another thread. 

Context required. 

In football/sport? - Yes. 

When somebody is stuck on anything be it positional or mentally? Definitely not. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Context required. 

In football/sport? - Yes. 

When somebody is stuck on anything be it positional or mentally? Definitely not. 

It's corporate-talk for drastically changing your product or service to suit another market. Because the word 'change' didn't fit the bill, apparently. 

Almost as bad as folk trying to tell you there's a difference between 'scaling' and 'growing' a business. No there's not, you're just a c***.  It's 'growing'. 

Edited by The Other Foot