Plastic Fantastic?

Plastic Pitches  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't half spout some ignorant shite on here.

Someone saying that you have only relaid it in the summer, I've only been to NDP once, at the start of last season and I didn't think it looked like the newer stuff I've seen elsewhere then. I hadn't realised the newer stuff had gone down.

Apologies.

• 2 weeks later...

I see on Twitter that a Spartans player is in today's Sun saying he got blood poisoning after burning himself on artificial turf.

Injuries, muscle tears, premature arthritis, throat cancer, and now blood poisoning. Perhaps these things really are stalking death traps after all.

I hear you can contract STDs through playing on artificial surfaces.

Just thought I'd mention it, as I'm sure there's a player somewhere who's in desperate need of something vaguely plausible to tell the wife. Godspeed, sir.

I see on Twitter that a Spartans player is in today's Sun saying he got blood poisoning after burning himself on artificial turf.

Injuries, muscle tears, premature arthritis, throat cancer, and now blood poisoning. Perhaps these things really are stalking death traps after all.

I'll tell you what was a death trap, Formartine United's pitch yesterday, the game should never have started and I'm guessing the only reason it did was because Brora travelled over 3 hours to get there.

Right from the off the ball wouldn't bounce in many areas of the pitch, both goalmouths were heavily sanded and soon turned to a sea of mud, large divots were kicked up all over the park, and for the penalty kicks the ref had to guess where the penalty spot was.

I'm surprised no players suffered a bad injury on it. It's been many years since I have seen a surface like that at any level of football.

We shouldn't be playing games on such surfaces, I dread to think how much mud the players ingested.........

• 3 weeks later...

I hear you can contract STDs through playing on artificial surfaces.

Just thought I'd mention it, as I'm sure there's a player somewhere who's in desperate need of something vaguely plausible to tell the wife. Godspeed, sir.

well theres a few teams been pumped on ours right enough ;)

• 1 year later...

Surely because research is inconclusive, and people would rather see the game and play on a grass pitch, the focus should be on maintaining good grass pitches? Introducing a winter break would allow pitches to somewhat recover, or at least not get worse over the worst months of the season, and would probably end up producing a better standard of football when the games do restart due to players being fresher mentally?

5 hours ago, ScottishScouse said:

Surely because research is inconclusive, and people would rather see the game and play on a grass pitch, the focus should be on maintaining good grass pitches? Introducing a winter break would allow pitches to somewhat recover, or at least not get worse over the worst months of the season, and would probably end up producing a better standard of football when the games do restart due to players being fresher mentally?

This makes sense, clearly you are new here.

In America, 6 clubs in MLS plays on artificial pitch, or turf as we call it.

They have to share stadiums with American football teams, and the stadiums are often used for concerts while teams are away.

Sacrifice quality for additional revenue.

Archived