General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

Just now, Florentine_Pogen said:

MP's tell population of UK............................"F*ck you all."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/mar/17/plans-to-cap-uk-mps-earnings-from-second-jobs-dropped

Yep, and on the same day that P & O make their entire ferry crews redundant, to be replaced by agency slave wage overseas labour due reportedly to the combined effects of Covid and Brexit.  Whilst there is likely an element of truth as to the hit on business, if this goes through there will follow a cavalry charge with both the Tory Government and Labour likely to stand idly by.

2 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Yep, and on the same day that P & O make their entire ferry crews redundant, to be replaced by agency slave wage overseas labour due reportedly to the combined effects of Covid and Brexit.  Whilst there is likely an element of truth as to the hit on business, if this goes through there will follow a cavalry charge with both the Tory Government and Labour likely to stand idly by.

If they do indeed try this, then there will be blockades of the ports and National strikes may not be far away.

23 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

MP's tell population of UK............................"F*ck you all."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/mar/17/plans-to-cap-uk-mps-earnings-from-second-jobs-dropped

Donchaknow there's a war on and we all need to forget all the awful things they've done and rally round the fleg/c**t. 

Also, the obsequious hinterland invertebrate Douglas Ross and his screeching handbrake cowardice was briefly mentioned on daily politics and Lord Vaizey could barely contain his mirth when wee Dougie got namechecked. 

"I wish I could be an MP again and put in, then take out my letter for attention." 

30 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I don't think it was Brexit. Just heard this reported on the BBC and they never mentioned Brexit. So it can't be that. 

It's the bloody foreign owners. 

45 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

If it wasn’t for Covid and now Ukraine then Johnson would have been utterly humiliated.

On 17/03/2022 at 13:35, Granny Danger said:

If it wasn’t for Covid and now Ukraine then Johnson would have been utterly humiliated.

I realise that I'm not entirely unbiased, but wasn't he utterly humiliated when he went to Saudi Arabia for oil price help and was told to eff off? 

18 minutes ago, 101 said:

Is there any reason why both of these things couldn't be pegged to inflation, even with a twice yearly review?

Yes. Conservatives couldn't give a shit about poor people and wish to spend the country's money on stuff for them and their mates. 

On 23/03/2022 at 15:24, 101 said:

Is there any reason why both of these things couldn't be pegged to inflation, even with a twice yearly review?

The state pension is linked to inflation, in fact more than that as it's triple locked, it's just been paused for a couple years as the pandemic caused some weird distortions. Ultimately pensioners have more disposable income than those actually working and it's National Insurance that's rising to pay for the £400bn pandemic debt so it seems to me that pensioners have it good.

17 hours ago, DMCs said:

The state pension is linked to inflation, in fact more than that as it's triple locked, it's just been paused for a couple years as the pandemic caused some weird distortions. Ultimately pensioners have more disposable income than those actually working and it's National Insurance that's rising to pay for the £400bn pandemic debt so it seems to me that pensioners have it good.

I thought the triple lock had been scrapped?

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-09-07/pension-triple-lock-to-be-suspended-as-tories-break-another-manifesto-pledge