General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

35 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:
Nice to see Albania coming out on top. People have a strange fear that Albania is a dangerous country. It's incredibly safe and my favourite place in Europe.

Apart from the odd robbery you mean ?

A spokesman for the Gammon Facebook Alliance said: "It's coz they're all over 'ere robbin' us, innit".

Electoral borders committee have published their initial report on redrawing Scottish borders and there are some humdingers.
https://www.bcomm-scotland.independent.gov.uk/?q=reviews/2023-review-uk-parliament-constituencies
Just to remind you: Scotland has been allocated 57 constituencies for the 2023 Review, two less than at present. England has been allocated 543 (+10), Northern Ireland 18 (no change) and Wales 32 (-8). Detail in the link.
FBnYLZHXMAQmnsK?format=jpg&name=large
So England would have a net +20 seats to get the UK government they want, cool.

58 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The BBC report is quite the read. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-58900981

This bit is just desperately sad, tbf:

Webbe said it had been during a heated argument with Mr Thomas over breaching the Covid-19 lockdown with Ms Merritt.

"I simply called her and asked her not to break lockdown with Lester," she said.

"She was breaking the rules and I was just pointing it out. I'm the victim."

Webbe claimed she was a victim of "domestic abuse and coercive control" and was being "goaded and gaslighted" during the row, which resulted in police being called after a neighbour reported her screams.

She confirmed she was still in a relationship with Mr Thomas and they were engaged.

A spokesman for the Gammon Facebook Alliance said: "It's coz they're all over 'ere robbin' us, innit".
To be fair, that is a significant part of it. Why waste your time stealing from the poorest folk in Europe when you can just rob the Danes, Swiss or Germans?

There are a lot of criminals in Albania but almost exclusively restricted to smuggling or production (most of Europe's marijuana is Albanian). The average citizen very rarely has any problems with crime (fraud, corruption excepted).

The Claudia Webbe stuff just gets more bizarre. This from the Sky News report:

Some of the phone calls had their number withheld, but some did not as Webbe had dialled "121" before Ms Merritt's number instead of "141", which withholds the caller's number.

https://news.sky.com/story/claudia-webbe-mp-found-guilty-of-harassing-partners-friend-with-silent-phone-calls-during-lockdown-12433084

:lol:

Petrol shortages, empty shelves, rocketing fuel bills, supply chain breaking down, Christmas stocks likely to be disrupted and the result of all this...?

What a shambles of a country :lol:

Edited by RiG

3 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:
11 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:
Electoral borders committee have published their initial report on redrawing Scottish borders and there are some humdingers.
https://www.bcomm-scotland.independent.gov.uk/?q=reviews/2023-review-uk-parliament-constituencies
Just to remind you: Scotland has been allocated 57 constituencies for the 2023 Review, two less than at present. England has been allocated 543 (+10), Northern Ireland 18 (no change) and Wales 32 (-8). Detail in the link.
FBnYLZHXMAQmnsK?format=jpg&name=large

So England would have a net +20 seats to get the UK government they want, cool.

This is actually quite scary a probability.

Lumping together Tayside as a whole is a belter. 

10 hours ago, RiG said:

Petrol shortages, empty shelves, rocketing fuel bills, supply chain breaking down, Christmas stocks likely to be disrupted and the result of all this...?

What a shambles of a country :lol:

Back in the 90s I used to wonder why the Serbs kept voting for Milosevic (non free media aside). 

Now the folks down south keep voting Tory..

22 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

xRS4VxvRM0d29N04mcLctnwfQrdvPujbpAGMatXc8Iw.jpg?auto=webp&s=2e9423971b1d5bc97ed2f04bd46ad72f55428c04

Police Scotland has been a disast...oh.

The most capitalist and unequal part of Europe (England) has the  high rate of robberies whilst the old Communist bloc countries score quite low. Almost as if Karl had a point...Or there's nothing worth nicking 

Also what makes the Swedes a bunch of thieving b*****ds? Is Spain full of ex-pat Brits nicking stuff? Do the Walloons and Flemish nick from each other?

I didn’t realise that Claudia Webbes predecessor as MO for Leicester East was Keith Vaz. Out of the “buying drugs for hookers” frying pan into the “threatening women over the phone” fire.

Tories came within 6,000 votes in 2019.  I’m sure there’s been talk of growing support for Conservatives among the Indian community specifically, who make up a large percentage of the population in Leicester East. Going to keep an eye for my by-election gambling streak.

What's Amess best known for? Haven't heard the name in a while, but I'm sure he was in the press a lot a while ago.

Bound to be a big increase in the bill for MP security soon.