General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

1 hour ago, strichener said:

Why would you assume that?  The point of your post was to exclude Scottish people that no longer live here.  Not everyone "who live here" are Scottish unless you are silly enough to be in agreement with Baxter.  I know my daughter's fiance considers himself to be Lithuanian.  He has settled status but he definitely isn't Scottish.

You have to have the desire to be Scottish first, dumbo.

28 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

You have to have the desire to be Scottish first, dumbo.

What does that even mean?  How about you explain to me the desires that one must have to be Scottish, how these are measured and what happens if people who are actually "Scottish" don't have these desires.

Deary me.

14 hours ago, SANTAN said:

An an English man that lives in Scotland and has done since I was 5 I guess I better just sit down and take what I'm given by the superior Scottish people. 

As we are just now from inferior English people!

On 28/08/2021 at 09:37, 101 said:

Pretty strong allegations, interested to hear how the public services are political in Scotland.

I agree that checks and balances are important and glad to see you agree so hopefully you would agree that Westminster is completely broken and currently the UKg gov can do what they like, including act illegally and against the interests of the public they serve.

This is the usual take.  I say 'Holyrood is in a mess' and your retort is 'Aye but Westminster'.

This is why The Murrells are pissing all over Scotchland from their first class carriage on the Bisto Express to Embra.

On 28/08/2021 at 08:58, hearthammer said:

You never fail to display your honours degree levels of being a unionista f*ckwit.  Sitting in Bucks in the land of smug and pontificating about what is right and best for Scotland.  And yes, you do repeat yourself ad nauseum on subjects that, as an outsider, should not be within your concern.

South Bucks is a really lovely place to live.  Great small towns and easy transport connections and a noteworthy sense of civic pride.  We also have a very mixed demographic and are better off as a result.  Thankfully, we're largely ned-free and also have outstanding state schools - the best of which piss all over anything that passes for secondary education in Jockland.

However, we're aware that we're part of a larger and interconnected and interdependent nation state.  We're all Brits so the fiscal transfers we Bucks taxpayers make to the shitier parts of our unitary nation-state are sent in good part and with best wishes.

Lots of love xoxoxoxox

49 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

This is the usual take.  I say 'Holyrood is in a mess' and your retort is 'Aye but Westminster'.

This is why The Murrells are pissing all over Scotchland from their first class carriage on the Bisto Express to Embra.

I'm saying I don't agree and considering you think the civil service, police force and crown office are all corrupted by the SNP then I thought you would have evidence or something more than just "it's all full of Nats" which again as far as I can tell is unfounded?

Westminster and Whitehall are in a terrible state and probably beyond reform. Lol at the Murrell's comment, I fucking wish all the Tories were up to in London was flying about in a pricey train when as I'm sure you know there are some serious questions to be asked of the office bearers of the conservative and unionist party.

6 minutes ago, 101 said:

I'm saying I don't agree and considering you think the civil service, police force and crown office are all corrupted by the SNP then I thought you would have evidence or something more than just "it's all full of Nats"

The enquiry in to Nippy's mishandling of the Salmond debacle provided all the proof needed that Polis Alba, The COPFS and Scotland's civil service are all both politicised and corrupted and that Holyrood lacks the ability needed to investigate itself.

We know this because when Dorothy Bain was appointed Lord Advocate she vowed to act independently - thus throwing the previous incumbent under the bus.  An astonishing thing for a new officer to say but we all know why she did,

A shameful moment in a supposed mature democracy with the only question being if it's reparable or not.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

The enquiry in to Nippy's mishandling of the Salmond debacle provided all the proof needed that Polis Alba, The COPFS and Scotland's civil service are all both politicised and corrupted and that Holyrood lacks the ability needed to investigate itself.

We know this because when Dorothy Bain was appointed Lord Advocate she vowed to act independently - thus throwing the previous incumbent under the bus.  An astonishing thing for a new officer to say but we all know why she did,

A shameful moment in a supposed mature democracy with the only question being if it's reparable or not.

FBA14A11-F409-4BA8-95A4-CE1B87F4D143.gif

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

South Bucks is a really lovely place to live.  Great small towns and easy transport connections and a noteworthy sense of civic pride.  We also have a very mixed demographic and are better off as a result.  Thankfully, we're largely ned-free and also have outstanding state schools - the best of which piss all over anything that passes for secondary education in Jockland.

However, we're aware that we're part of a larger and interconnected and interdependent nation state.  We're all Brits so the fiscal transfers we Bucks taxpayers make to the shitier parts of our unitary nation-state are sent in good part and with best wishes.

Lots of love xoxoxoxox

Writing “we” a lot doesn’t stop your manager at the golf club thinking you’re anything other than a manky foreign urchin.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not entirely sure what Police Scotland has to do with her not getting involved to save Eck neck. They investigated and arrested a former first minister, are you saying they did so at the request of the incumbent? Or are you saying they failed to investigate the matter properly before presenting the case to the crown office?

Presumably when you say she vowed you don't mean the vow she would take in office like many public servants are bound to do, although I hope she can deliver on whatever vow she made. The crown should of course be free from political pressure.

I think what came out from the parliamentary enquiry and the court cases was that the HR processes were inept in the extreme, the civil service is of course managed by the cabinet office so I would imagine if they had concerns about it's neutrality then they would be all over that. Ideally they would be free from playing politics for their masters but it happens big or small things probably the most recent was referring to Pen Farthings animals as "his pets" just to under mine him after he's been, wrongfully, been a pain in the arse of government.

28 minutes ago, 101 said:

Not entirely sure what Police Scotland has to do with her not getting involved to save Eck neck. They investigated and arrested a former first minister, are you saying they did so at the request of the incumbent? Or are you saying they failed to investigate the matter properly before presenting the case to the crown office?

Presumably when you say she vowed you don't mean the vow she would take in office like many public servants are bound to do, although I hope she can deliver on whatever vow she made. The crown should of course be free from political pressure.

I think what came out from the parliamentary enquiry and the court cases was that the HR processes were inept in the extreme, the civil service is of course managed by the cabinet office so I would imagine if they had concerns about it's neutrality then they would be all over that. Ideally they would be free from playing politics for their masters but it happens big or small things probably the most recent was referring to Pen Farthings animals as "his pets" just to under mine him after he's been, wrongfully, been a pain in the arse of government.

The role of the Crown office in trying to withhold evidence and of the police to threaten prosecution for those using said evidence is a blight on ScotGov that is unlikely to be removed abd shows how weak H'rood's processes are.

It need serious revision and, possibly, abolition.  

No idea how some pet-minder ended up in this discussion but that's Natters for you.  They never miss any opportunity to divert the subject.

Edited by The_Kincardine

16 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The role of the Crown office in trying to withhold evidence and of the police to threaten prosecution for those using said evidence is a blight on ScotGov that is unlikely to be removed abd shows how weak H'rood's processes are.

No idea how some pet-minder ended up in this discussion but that's Natters for you.  They never miss any opportunity to divert the subject.

And this whining example of UKnat grievance is the edited version…

8 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

So every public institution is corrupt and in need of reformation or abolition because they covered up a former FM asking a current FM to intervene in an HR issue which she then refused to do. Forgive me but that's a low bar to then abolish the police force for or any of the institutions for. I'm going to go out on a whim and say Scotland would be an interesting place to live with no Crown Office, Civil Service or Police Force.

But then of course you being down south you might not realise how effective they can be when they are funded rather than English tax payer being ridden rotten to divert public cash into Tory pockets. :lol:

All parliament's are weak in the UK Holyrood is unfortunately not shaped by Westminster in terms of being effective at holding the government to account when things go wrong. It's well formed committees do make good contributions to our democracy and obviously stopping parties getting huge majorities helps in the chamber.

On 28/08/2021 at 19:39, strichener said:

Why would you assume that?  The point of your post was to exclude Scottish people that no longer live here.  Not everyone "who live here" are Scottish unless you are silly enough to be in agreement with Baxter.  I know my daughter's fiance considers himself to be Lithuanian.  He has settled status but he definitely isn't Scottish.

I was referring specifically to the auld Kincy and his pontificating from dann saff about what is best for Scotland.  I obviously didn't clarify that i meant people who live here, and are fully entitled to, should determine Scotland's future - irrespective of their core nationality.

Hopefully now all good.

Cheers

On 29/08/2021 at 20:03, The_Kincardine said:

Lots of love xoxoxoxox

Your response, especially your demeaning views and reference to "Jockland" require no further critique from me.  You do all the work yourself.

Cho now.

On 29/08/2021 at 20:03, The_Kincardine said:

Lots of love xoxoxoxox

I'm really struggling to understand why a sentient adult would waste time to post this sort of stuff.