General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

No chance they punt him while the vaccines are doing the job it’ll be when they need to have a fall guy

I think he might have finally realised what was heading his way. 

Wonder who they'll throw under the bus now. Buckland or Jenrick seem appropriate candidates. 

We live in the age of post irony:

In response, the prime minister said Mr Hancock "should leave office very proud of what you have achieved - not just in tackling the pandemic, but even before Covid-19 struck us".

He added: "I am grateful for your support and believe that your contribution to public service is far from over."

1 hour ago, J_Stewart said:

Meet the new fucking hopeless Health Secretary, same as the old fucking hopeless Health Secretary.

Pete's first draft was remarkably prescient but the record company did not approve.

Interesting to see ex-Chancellor Sajid Javid replacing Hancock, Javid's resignation seemed to be down to Dom/Boris wanting him to fire all his Spads.

I imagine he'll be a nodding dog this time around.

Always amusing to the read the resignation letters, drafted by Central Office to boast about just how fucking amazing the government is, and how great everything is that they've done.

I suppose there must be somebody, somewhere, who reads them in the papers and thinks, "that's fair, he may have been caught shagging a sheep/wearing swastika underpants/selling secrets to the Soviets, but this letter says he was part of some vaguely undefined good, so that's OK".